• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    The EPA can use administrative law to do just about whatever it damn well pleases. They are usually content to lurk around and walk laws in but every now and again they get impatient. We need to work hard to cut these agencies back to size and remove unelected bureaucrats out of control. Everyone that makes law should face election. PERIOD

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    Admin law operates under the auspice of the executive branch and with oversight from the Department of Justice. This is a wonderful system of governance provided all of the parts operate in a state of exclusivity and integrity. If the branches operate in collusion we see what have here. The systems are set for check and balance but if everyone is all chummy there is no balance and our wonderful model fails just like any other third word banana republic. It saddens me that we allow this to continue to occur.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    The EPA is just mimicking the 0, A snap of the fingers swipe of the pen and done
    Do states have no rights any more ? The phrase sovereign state comes to mind

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    This reminds me of the movie Animal house when the cops were at the Delta house, and Otter says "The cops are taking everything, even the stuff we didn't steal".

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    The white man made us many promises... ... more than I can remember, but he never kept but one: he promised to take our land - and he took it.........., but hey, then 110 years later, he gave a sliver of it back, so we got that going for us". - Red Cloud

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Wait, what authority does the Environmental Protection Agency have over land disputes?

None. Which is why I asked what people thought this actually did. Read the links I posted. It boils down to the ability to get environmental grants for air quality monitoring and to have some say in air pollution matters within 50 miles of their "EPA border".

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    This will yank some chains, maybe put a few in knots
    But the issue is a over reaching gov. What is next ? The town of Rivetron is given away to a reservation ? Property rights ?
    EPA ignores Congressional law, gives Wyoming town to Indian tribes - BizPac Review

But now that it has been mentioned
    Websters:
    ** Me**
    : inborn, innate <native talents> ** Inborn sounds like what happens when family members reproduce **
    : belonging to a particular place by birth ** So I am a Native American cause I was born here, First generation natural born American **

archaic : closely related ** See #1 **

: belonging to or associated with one by birth ** Land ? So the hospital I was born in land belongs to me **

: natural, normal

a : grown, produced, or originating in a particular place or in the vicinity : local ** Fact "Native Americans" do not in any way fit this-see links below**
    b : living or growing naturally in a particular region : indigenous ** May apply **

: simple, unaffected

a : constituting the original substance or source **Nor this one **
    b : found in nature especially in an unadulterated form <mining native silver> ** Naaaa *

chiefly Australian : having a usually superficial resemblance to a specified English plant or animal ** English ? I dont get that one either **

capitalized : of, relating to, or being a member of an aboriginal people of North or South America : native american ** See #6 **

If you have an issue with what I have pointed out then you can take it up with the History Chnl
    Origins of Man ? History.com Video

A 12 part series on the origins of man, I recomend you see all of them but Sabertooth cat to the First Americans(even thow it did not exist for a few more thousand more years ?)
    Maybe one could say that Africa,Europe,Russia,Alaska,Canada,America,Mexico and all of South America as we know it belongs to them ? They did walk threw all of that at one point sooooo ?
    Funny how as time go's on history changes cause more is learned about it aint it.

NATIVE AMERICANS did not just pop up here, they like my parents did and they imagrated here.

OR you could look at it like we ALL came from one point and no matter your skin color, shape of your face or religion we are all brothers and sister cause well ALL are came from one place and pont in history

Or we could just fall back on the Alien thing ?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I wonder if the BIA is now going to start providing benefits to all those folks living on the rez who weren't previously members of the respective tribes?

Yes, I know there's an ethnicity test, etc., but if Elizabeth Warren is a Cherokee, I'm guessing many Wyomans would also qualify to register as Native Americans.

Top Bottom