• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Capt. Tom Pickett: Things in this town are out of control. Two gangs is just one too many. I'm not an idealist. I know a lot of things that people do are awful low, but that's between them and God. Do you believe in God? I believe in God, son. But what I'm concerned with is keeping a lid on things, and what we got here in Jericho is just way out of hand, and Sheriff Galt, here, can't do much about it, right? Matter of fact, it might be fair to say that he's part of the problem, right? Now you been going back and forth, playing both sides according to Mr. Galt, here, making yourself a lot of money out of all this. Well, it's over, son. I'm coming back here in ten days, and I'm gonna bring about twenty rangers with me. I will tolerate *one* gang, because that is the nature of things. A certain amount of corruption is inevitable. But if I find *two* gangs here when I get back, then in a couple of hours there will be *no* gangs here. So it's simple. One gang quits and goes home. You boys work it out. I don't give a d--- which one.

"Last Man Standing"

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Isn't the whole of the problem though that uninvolved citizens ARE getting shot?

No ones cares if the problem kills itself. Everyone cares when there is collateral damage.
    Let this problem fester and the collateral grows and grows.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Isn't the whole of the problem though that uninvolved citizens ARE getting shot?

The number of "uninvolved citizens" getting shot are...maybe not zero but pretty close. Even the ones the media thinks are uninvolved tend to end up being family members and associates of the target. They may not be directly involved in the dope/gang issue but they aren't random.

Sounds like some of us might want to reevaluate our carry gear also.
    J-frame, LCP or Shield alone might not be optimum if you are caught in the gangland crossfire?

Carry gear isn't the issue. I'm not up for engaging multiple partially exposed gunmen (probably with long guns) in moving cars using any handgun, particularly if I'm not the target. WTF would I engage, draw attention to myself, and expose myself to fire from both sides? Escape and evasion is the smarter play for survival here. That's ignoring the fact that by the time you find the threat and orient yourself to the situation, it's probably over or it's a running gun battle that's going to pass you by.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The number of "uninvolved citizens" getting shot are...maybe not zero but pretty close. Even the ones the media thinks are uninvolved tend to end up being family members and associates of the target. They may not be directly involved in the dope/gang issue but they aren't random.

So the young lady killed and family members shot deserve it for being related to the gang thugs?

Carry gear isn't the issue. I'm not up for engaging multiple partially exposed gunmen (probably with long guns) in moving cars using any handgun, particularly if I'm not the target. WTF would I engage, draw attention to myself, and expose myself to fire from both sides? Escape and evasion is the smarter play for survival here. That's ignoring the fact that by the time you find the threat and orient yourself to the situation, it's probably over or it's a running gun battle that's going to pass you by.

I totally agree. Would never engage if there was ANY other choice.

That said, if the only choice was taking out a positively identified threat or my loved ones die, there is no other choice. I'll have the best gunfighting gear possible and pass on the feel good carry stuff. And only wish I'd have figured how to CC a rifle.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So the young lady killed and family members shot deserve it for being related to the gang thugs?

There's no "deserve" or "didn't deserve" in what I posted. It's a simple statement of fact. They aren't random, and the whole "uninvolved but caught in the cross fire" is mostly fear mongering. It makes you care more (and thus click on it more) when you believe "that could have been me."

I don't decide if people "deserve" to be shot or not. It's irrelevant to my job and irrelevant to my personal calculus of risk. Do I "deserve" death threats for actions taken on the job? Most folks will say no, some will say yes...and it's completely irrelevant to my response. Same here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Damned if we do, damned if we don't. Had IMPD been there without the invite of Grundy or his attorney the complaint would have already been filed and they would be on the news *****ing about officers harassing him.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Damned if we do, damned if we don't. Had IMPD been there without the invite of Grundy or his attorney the complaint would have already been filed and they would be on the news *****ing about officers harassing him.

I wouldn't even address that ambulance chaser. It's not IMPD's job to provide security for any one individual. Where was Grundy's own security detail?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Who is the other gang who put the alleged $50k bounty on Grundy's head?

Is it normal for gangs to have such bounty's? Was there a bounty on Grundy's family members killed?

Top Bottom