• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    I have a .218 BEE and reload for it....or I wouldnr ever shoot it. I went to Rajo's in Evansville and they wanted $98 for 20:(

btw I dont know if 31 makes me a young whipper snapper or not?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Sometimes a different circle of friends will have different favoites. I used to think Lazzeroni proprietory calibers had all died out (stuff like the 7.82 warbird, etc) I went to Reno to the Safari Club International show and talked to quite a few people who have or are going to use the Lazzeroni rifles. Of course the Safari crowd do not shoot hundreds of rounds a week like many of us do, but they are still buying exotic calibers and firearms. I talked to several "Big Five" hunters who have filled their list. Most were talking about $250,000 to $500,000 spent on the Safaris. That is completely out of my league.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Sometimes a different circle of friends will have different favoites. I used to think Lazzeroni proprietory calibers had all died out (stuff like the 7.82 warbird, etc) I went to Reno to the Safari Club International show and talked to quite a few people who have or are going to use the Lazzeroni rifles. Of course the Safari crowd do not shoot hundreds of rounds a week like many of us do, but they are still buying exotic calibers and firearms. I talked to several "Big Five" hunters who have filled their list. Most were talking about $250,000 to $500,000 spent on the Safaris. That is completely out of my league.
    On this subject, is there a need to push a 30 caliber 180 grain bullet at 3,500 FPS, cause I have a 300 REMINGTON ULTRA MAG SENDERO, and I really don't have a need for this caliber:dunno:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

Are you kidding me? There's still buttloads of ComBloc mil-surp in circulation, and companies like Tula and PPU are still loading reasonably-priced commercial ammo.

As long as surplus Mosin Nagant rifles are available on the cheap, there will be ammo in sufficient quantities to support them.

I would say .50AE is on the slow train to obsolescence (Desert Eagle sales just ain't what they usta be), and we could always talk about the "never-was" calibers like .32NAA, .400/.440 Cor-Bon, .45 Super, etc.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Are you kidding me? There's still buttloads of ComBloc mil-surp in circulation, and companies like Tula and PPU are still loading reasonably-priced commercial ammo.

As long as surplus Mosin Nagant rifles are available on the cheap, there will be ammo in sufficient quantities to support them.

I would say .50AE is on the slow train to obsolescence (Desert Eagle sales just ain't what they usta be), and we could always talk about the "never-was" calibers like .32NAA, .400/.440 Cor-Bon, .45 Super, etc.
    I saw the writing on the wall & sold all my 400 CORBON barrels & ammo. The 400 CORBON was a way to shoot light 10MM out of a 45 ACP with only a barrel change.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    I think the .32 Long Colt has already died except for a very few dedicated reloaders. I have an old .32LC that is impossible to find ammo for. LOTS of 32 S&W out there but no LC.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    10mm, it only has a cult following as of now. It came out for the F.B.I., but they found it had too much penetration...alas the .40 S&W ( 10mm short) was born. Which of course has become the main stay for almost all law enforcement agencies.

The 10mm seems to be on the rise actually. Cost was a big concern but it is going down now. Its a crazy powerful round for its size and makes for a great autoloading hunter pistol. I building a g20 hunter gun now and im not alone. It would be awsome in a levergun also. The biggest problem at present is the anemic factory rounds for it. There are a ton of guns to be had in it though. Hell in a 45acp frame you get more power and extra rounds with the 10mm.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    10 MM??

10mm, it only has a cult following as of now. It came out for the F.B.I., but they found it had too much penetration...alas the .40 S&W ( 10mm short) was born. Which of course has become the main stay for almost all law enforcement agencies.

There are those of us that will reload the 10MM and really like the power of the load..

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    I'm not sure if the .41AE would qualify as a dying caliber, or as still born. God knows I haven't seen one in years. It was supposed to be everything the .40 S&W became.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I have a pair of lonely SMITH & WESSON 657 41 MAG. both of my 657 have 3 inch barrels. But It's hard to find ammo:(

I hate to see a guy in such a predicament. I've got an old beat up Blackhawk .44 mag with an 8 inch barrel I'll trade you for one of those "hard to find ammo for" .41's. :D Anything to help a brother out.

Seriously though, I love the 41 mag. I have a 5 inch Blackhawk, and a Marlin lever gun in 41. When I bought the pistol, it came with 500 rounds of ammo. The rifle came with 400 rounds. I still have about 3oo rounds total, and all the brass. Dies and components are on my buddies reloading bench.
    :rockwoot:

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011

I mean places that let you shoot them in texas are far and few between. so why would anyone buy anything they can't shoot I pay 70 bucks for 100 rounds of prvi partizan

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    O.K. I guess I stand corrected, maybe the 10mm isn't dying after all.
    I remember when it came out, I had a Colt Delta Elite in 10mm, probably shouldn't have sold that one, but hey you can't change history. Anyway I too like the round, it just never really took off like it's little brother the .40

Top Bottom