• ...and so much more!
  • BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Penn & Teller did a show about this.
    I don't remember much of it, but I do remember they brought on a guy who owned a company that sells cell phone covers. These covers supposedly blocked the radiation coming from the phones and made them safe.
    It was revealed that they had absolutely no grounds to prove that the covers did anything at all, and it was just a ridiculous marketing strategy thrown together with a flimsy business plan.

On top of that, if I remember correctly, according to Penn & Teller [not that they're correct, figure that out for yourself] the radiation or whatever waves coming from the cell phones have not proved to be at all damaging to people. Though I think they did admit that it is inconclusive, as widespread cell phone usage has only been around for 10-15 years and there may be a slight possibility of risk with long term exposure.

Pretty cool show, check it out.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    How is this, several months ago some university did a study and found that cell phones not only cured, but prevented Alzheimer in lab mice.

Unfortunately you have to be a mouse to use a cell phone as a cure, and also unfortunately you have to be a lab mouse because mice by genetics cannot develop Alzheimer without outside help.

Since other things were banned because they caused cancer in lab mice, cell phones must be ok since they don't cause cancer in lab mice.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Lets see if this cell phone radiation is a real issue.... well then wouldn't anything that transmits a signal be on the same list... Microwave ovens, AM/FM radio, FRS, GPS, CB radio's, HAM radios, WIFI adaptors, and even your computers because the computers themselves generate a radio frequency or signal while running the chips etc on them... Other electronic devices that are not transmitters have frequency signatures also... Man everything modern would help to give you cancer then...

No stock in this fear mongering...

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    You know eating peanut butter will cause cancer to. The dosage for it to cause cancer in humans is about 5 gallons a day. People just need to come wit terms you will die and something is gonna cause you to.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Who talks on cellphones anymore? The usage on my iPhone is that 60% is web surfing, 35% is txt messaging and the other is actually talking with it by my ear. Usually my earphones are in because I'm listening to music and so the device isn't near my ear anyway.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    If a cover blocks the radiation from a phone, you will have a phone that has no signal. Physics doesn't care what BS the salesman is spewing.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Funny thing is I just started working for a company that manufactures two way radio equipment. The RANGE of frequencies available, power, and the bandwidth is simply shocking. 2013, the FCC is making everything narrowband (or demanding everything made narrowband), meaning they are clearing out room for more frequencies they can sell liscences for, but also the waves are getting tighter. The penetration the waves can get is simply shocking.

Cellphone giving us cancer? Ha. Its the myraid, practically thousands of freqs ripping through us at any given time that will murder us! :D

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Robert Heinlein wrote a novella which touched on this issue, but I can't remember the name of it. For any of you Heinlein fans out there, it was the story that described the use of a remotely controlled manipulator as a "waldo" and Heinlein is credited with the concept.

Top Bottom