• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Ducks yes but those geese are nasty creatures.
    Especially those territorial geese. We had one on campus that you had to keep an eye on. When they put there head down and start hissing as they are coming toward you it is very effective in making you want to leave their area.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Anyone got big plans for this weekend? I'm thinking about having a little fire in the fire pit on Saturday night. Maybe an old fashioned while sitting by it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Canada geese= Federal birds.

Back in my old neighborhood every body had problems with geese, but bigger problems with the "goose patrol" that protected them and would call the law if you were even chasing them off your ground.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thinking seriously about making a large pitcher of red wine sangria for the weekend. I normally don't drink, but sitting out on the deck in this weather with a nice cold drink sounds pretty good... :yesway:

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Canada geese= Federal birds.

Back in my old neighborhood every body had problems with geese, but bigger problems with the "goose patrol" that protected them and would call the law if you were even chasing them off your ground.
    One of the last places I worked had a large number of retention ponds which attracted quite a few geese. They had a lady with border collies that came and made the geese very uncomfortable. Those dogs were a hoot to watch.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Especially those territorial geese. We had one on campus that you had to keep an eye on. When they put there head down and start hissing as they are coming toward you it is very effective in making you want to leave their area.

Where I went to college, we had alligators that would do the same. They would be relocated to lakes in other areas of the campus, but they would come right back.

One of the last places I worked had a large number of retention ponds which attracted quite a few geese. They had a lady with border collies that came and made the geese very uncomfortable. Those dogs were a hoot to watch.

Same here. They would run Border Collies to chase them off, and also I think they got some RC boats to run them off the water. The BC's really loved chasing those birds.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    After picking up the groceries and taking them home I was able to get a little GPT in and dial in the red dot and also try out the newly cajunized P-07. The P-07 is a shooter! Turned out really good! The G19 with the red dot is right on the money too. There were more people at the range than I thought there would be, that was good to see!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Great day so far. In Coldwater, MI and my truck is OOS due to the colision mitigation radar system.

It has an airplane in its ID # so it decided to have airplane problems. Truck #160-737

Phooey, says I.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    It was a crisp, early Fall day ..... just like today..... when 40 years ago to the day, I tied the knot with this rusty-haired Irish beauty. She had just turned 22. No regrets ! :)

i-9F68t3t-L.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom