The CZickness XXXIX Waiting on what's next.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Called it a night on the bathroom project. Primer and paint in the morning followed by flooring. Found about 6 side adventures during the process today in that little room. Got me side tracked a little bit fixing this and that along the way.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm slacking hard. I still haven't sent mine off either.

I’m building a stack of projects for AllenM and need to get off my keister while I have time. The DW A2 Commander really needs front strap checkering and the Sig 516 needs a better flash hider than what I have on it now. Then there’s some Cerakote on a Sig and... it goes on from there

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I’m building a stack of projects for AllenM and need to get off my keister while I have time. The DW A2 Commander really needs front strap checkering and the Sig 516 needs a better flash hider than what I have on it now. Then there’s some Cerakote on a Sig and... it goes on from there

I definitely add more to my list than I subtract.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    As I have noted a few times, my accuracy with the Bergara HMR Pro had not been up to my expectations. After reading about TD's last range trip, I removed the brake (suppressor mount) from the rifle and met up again with 88 and WT today.

The first 5 shots at 100yds gave a 0.758" group including a called flyer to the right (upper target in photo), along with another group under 1" and a 3rd right at 1 MOA. Of course there were worse groups but you don't get to see those. I finally feel like I'm making good progress with the .308.

The bad news is I REALLY prefer shooting the rifle with the brake on it. Apparently that will be no more.

Obligatory photo for Carlos...

PXL_20210307_020451100crop.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    As I have noted a few times, my accuracy with the Bergara HMR Pro had not been up to my expectations. After reading about TD's last range trip, I removed the brake (suppressor mount) from the rifle and met up again with 88 and WT today.

The first 5 shots at 100yds gave a 0.758" group including a called flyer to the right (upper target in photo), along with another group under 1" and a 3rd right at 1 MOA. Of course there were worse groups but you don't get to see those. I finally feel like I'm making good progress with the .308.

The bad news is I REALLY prefer shooting the rifle with the brake on it. Apparently that will be no more.

Obligatory photo for Carlos...

View attachment 129311
    And here I thought nobody cared about my crazy range trips.

Side note, I'll be retesting my 308 with and without the suppressor since I figured out barrel heat was the actual culprit. But I did swap out the brake for a flash hider (suppressor mount has a base that you can thread on a brake or flash hider). I had a brake on it before and during testing yesterday I ran it like that and hated it. I had earplugs AND electronics ear pro on, still made my ears ring. I said hell no and took the brake off right there at the range. Ran just the suppressor mount instead. I hate muzzle brakes, they're obnoxiously loud. Shooting guns is supposed to be fun, not make my ears ring and make me **** myself at the same time.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

I'm also little by little breaking the new Bergara in. I'm not satisfied with the results thus far. I get tantalizingly close to what I want and then the group falls apart. I'm not sure yet if the barrel is still breaking in (only at ~80 rounds thus far), me not being the best with a rifle, or something else I have yet to discover. I am encouraged though that the groups have gone from a 2 - 3" average down to an inch and a half or so average. It's just frustrating when I sit down behind 88's Tikka for the first time, a gun that's not setup for me at all and can do a sub-MOA group right off the bat, but can't do the same with my own gun, all setup for me. All I know is that I'm going to keep working on it.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I do wish that Allen could do bluing but completely understand why he doesn’t. I’ve never liked the matte blue on the A2 and would love to get either a nice satin black oxide or blue
    I wish I knew how the one blue job I did years ago on a CZ for Rick turned out. Would love to see how it’s doing these days... Would be a neat service to offer.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...It's just frustrating when I sit down behind 88's Tikka for the first time, a gun that's not setup for me at all and can do a sub-MOA group right off the bat, but can't do the same with my own gun, all setup for me...
    I'm thinking we should set our rifles up to fit 88 since we both shot better groups with his rifle. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom