The CZickness XXXIX Waiting on what's next.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    well, it's family. And it's a paid job. And "YES" it's a ton of miles (1120 every run to Iowa/and back*) on my personal vehicle but it's working for the family and getting paid for something I like to do & I get to see the grand kids too.

I drive my Foot surgeon son in law from Des Moines to Sidney, NE for surgeries he does there along with his other hired surgeon. SIL was located in North Platte before buying his own gig in Des Moines and the Hospital in Sidney made it worth his while to travel back west to work even after he moved. My 3rd ann'y is coming in 3 weeks. There were times I was heading back to Iowa 3x a month last summer. That has backed off.

I went back this time to help paint his new (*3rd*) location in my college town, Pella Iowa...(*think Pella Windows/Rolscreen -- that Pella*) I attended Central College located there.

I do not drive my vehicle west from Des Moines...only to Des Moines and then back here.

That should explain it.
    That's a busy schedule, and agreed, getting to see the grand kids in the midst of all that would definitely make it worth while, and not a bad thing to pull in a few $ as well.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Received my Vortex Optics AMG UH-1 Gen II sight in the mail today. Than I headed to my tax accountant.

With 2020 being my first full year without a paycheck and investments from selling a business in 2019, I really had no idea how much gains would show up as taxable on the investment accounts. While my accounts went up substantially, on paper, a loss was shown and I will do well tax wise.

Proof of how screwed up our tax laws and the feds "stimulus" packages are is born out by the fact that they will now have to credit me for the 2020 stimulus payment that I did not get (and shouldn't have). I will most likely gift it to friends in greater need. Or I could blow it on a Steiner T5Xi 1-5x24 I eyeballed this morning. :D

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Heck, I wish I could go back to my 40's and buy $1,000,000 worth of 9mm and 556 ammo,,,,
    I agree!!! To be able to go back for just 10 minutes and 10 years ago.....would definitely have more money in the bank.....and a few more safes......loaded with alot of......

:biggun::draw::ar15::shoot::smileak:

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Had to call FedEx and put a trace on my bipod from last Monday, no update in the system since then.

And one of the rings on my ADM 34mm 20moa mount for the 308 was manufactured wrong, so working with American Defense to resolve that issue. I discovered it while mounting the scope. It went together fine, but it's machined differently (missing the chamfer/bevel) and doesn't square up with the other ring half. I emailed ADM late Friday night and they are in contact with me today, sounds like replacement parts are gonna be sent out.

View attachment 128363

View attachment 128364
    Think their quality control needs looked at...... especially the rings guy!!!!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Still trying to participate on GB, man is stuff getting expensive. The gardener thinks Soros is trying an alternative strategy of just buying all the guns in the US.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom