THE CZickness XLIX....Tackling 2023 with CZ style...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I wasn't even going to discuss all of this because quite frankly I'm disappointed in myself and tired of humiliation. I guess I should just quit being a poor and pull my head from out my ass.
    Don't beat yourself up. Great stuff is never accomplished without a dose of failure in the process. The courage to try is the important thing.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did a quick trip to the range to test the G33 and A2 upper. Both are winners to me. The G33 will probably not get anything in the way of mods, and will be left stock. It is what it is and that's exactly what I was looking for. It's definitely a hand cannon with .357Sig, but still easy to shoot well.

I'm really liking the A2 upper. It's now sighted in with irons using a 50 yard zero. I'm now thinking that I may want to move the leupold Mk AR and RMR to this setup and restore the DD to being a lightweight carbine with an Eotech and buis.

So many decisions...

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Dovetail removed from the EGW plate and optic is installed with temporary screws until I get the correct ones purchased. Otherwise it's done. I blued the cut after the picture below. Got me plenty of elevation now, but lost my cowitness of the irons, which doesn't matt3r because it's a target/range gun anyways.

This is actually the way I was going to originally do this, but seeing the optic on B2V's Rami made me realize I could put the optic forward, keep the rear sight and direct mount the optic with no plate. If I knew I was in fact going to use the EGW plate, I would milled the slide further back in place of the rear sight. Oh well, is what it is.

20230213_214001.jpg
    20230213_224506.jpg

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Dovetail removed from the EGW plate and optic is installed with temporary screws until I get the correct ones purchased. Otherwise it's done. I blued the cut after the picture below. Got me plenty of elevation now, but lost my cowitness of the irons, which doesn't matt3r because it's a target/range gun anyways.

This is actually the way I was going to originally do this, but seeing the optic on B2V's Rami made me realize I could put the optic forward, keep the rear sight and direct mount the optic with no plate. If I knew I was in fact going to use the EGW plate, I would milled the slide further back in place of the rear sight. Oh well, is what it is.

View attachment 255281
    View attachment 255283
    Very cool, TD! That's awesome!!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    You were hesitant a bit ago, now I am. Not sure how bad of a procedure this is, to do this this way, but I really don’t want to mount my vise, then remount my rotary table, to do the front radius.
    But there’s a point to my picture…
    View attachment 255221

Started out with this setup to try to tilt the slide front to back, then checked side to side, and I was off nearly 4 thousandths in the width of the slide. And the cause was tightening down the black vise on the left. Had it right at the ejection port, and tightening tilted it.
    My point is there are lots of very little things that we won’t think to see. Patience may help, but perfection may be just luck for me.
    We’re in a crash course.

Edit to add, my dial indicator that I should be using broke, have one on order. But this will have to do for now.
    I am not helping.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

View attachment 255281
    View attachment 255283
    Turned out great!
    You can always go back and mill the 1 degree in if you think you have the meat left to do it, if you really wanted to co witness.
    I’m probably weird about that, I wouldn’t mind having backup sights that I can maybe use in a pinch if the dot goes down, but I absolutely do not want cowitnessed irons and dot on a handgun. Lower thirds type of thing maybe. Just me though.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Finally got a slope milled in. Mill, check, repeat. Provably ended up just a hair over 1 degree.

CDE5C6A1-EE0B-4F86-BA63-7E1FE0C0BAAF.jpeg

@llh1956 those little vices sure came in handy!
    @T-DOGG treat your self to a carbide end mill next time. My fil had suggested running a smaller bit, not sure why, but I finally gave up on the chattering and squealing (no carbide smaller diameters) and went back to a 3/8 carbide and it changed everything.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Turned out great!
    You can always go back and mill the 1 degree in if you think you have the meat left to do it, if you really wanted to co witness.
    I’m probably weird about that, I wouldn’t mind having backup sights that I can maybe use in a pinch if the dot goes down, but I absolutely do not want cowitnessed irons and dot on a handgun. Lower thirds type of thing maybe. Just me though.
    Same. I prefer just enough irons poking out to be able to use, but not obstruct.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom