The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Very interesting, 88'. :thumbsup: From reading , it appears to me that it would be a 'draw' between those (4). Somewhat surprising (to me), was that the P10C could hang with the bigger dogs.

The thing that keeps the P10C up there is that it does everything well. It fits my hand perfectly and is very easy to get a good firing grip on naturally. The trigger is easy to manipulate and the gun points well. The downside is that it’s a polymer framed gun.

The 75B railed compact (SP01 Compact) was really fast on the splits but it was slippery with that big smooth front strap. While it was easy to shoot fast, accuracy suffered.

The Phantom was pretty good at everything. I think that it, like the P10C has a more natural grip and is easy to draw with a solid firing grip.

The P229 was odd. It didn’t really do the best at anything. The size of the grip made it a bit harder to get a good shooting grip. I find that my technique is poor and that the size of the grip would not let me get my fingers in the right position easily. In slow fire, it’s the one I shoot the best but on the draw, the bad technique was making me have to readjust my grip slightly.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The thing that keeps the P10C up there is that it does everything well. It fits my hand perfectly and is very easy to get a good firing grip on naturally. The trigger is easy to manipulate and the gun points well. The downside is that it’s a polymer framed gun.

The 75B railed compact (SP01 Compact) was really fast on the splits but it was slippery with that big smooth front strap. While it was easy to shoot fast, accuracy suffered.

The Phantom was pretty good at everything. I think that it, like the P10C has a more natural grip and is easy to draw with a solid firing grip.

The P229 was odd. It didn’t really do the best at anything. The size of the grip made it a bit harder to get a good shooting grip. I find that my technique is poor and that the size of the grip would not let me get my fingers in the right position easily. In slow fire, it’s the one I shoot the best but on the draw, the bad technique was making me have to readjust my grip slightly.
    From what I remember of a P229, the grip length is a little short and a little thin. With the top end (slide) being "chunky", it makes for a borderline awkward grip at times. Almost top heavy? It's been awhile since I've held one, but does that sound about right?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    From what I remember of a P229, the grip length is a little short and a little thin. With the top end (slide) being "chunky", it makes for a borderline awkward grip at times. Almost top heavy? It's been awhile since I've held one, but does that sound about right?

The P229 grip is actually on the big side. It’s a good grip but not as forgiving as the smaller CZ grips with bad technique. It’s more like a 97B grip

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

The P10C is a very capable platform....I just prefer the Phantom more.

Very interesting comparison. We will expect updates regularly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom