Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Afternoon gents. Lunch had, school day finished early, front and sides mowed. Just took a break from "work" and got back to my filing I started early. Had to take away some of the dovetail and make flush on the back end of the T10 base. I will polish and cold blue this evening. All this to accommodate the bulky variable knob on the back of the scope. Everything now sets perfect to my LOP, eye relief, etc. I do like em low as can go.
    515e3fe349e2ac5ac56ba5075c55698c.jpg
    a787b46e0c7900749f973a43885e5797.jpg
    b799fe99eedb02f4080d38f05c70f662.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I knew everyone that came to the range this afternoon. Lot's of visiting as a result. Had wonderful weather for 4 hours at HHRP.

This grandpa may have a little completion left in him for the 100 yard FGE centerfire benchrest shooting. 5 shots, .223, 100yds, .35"...

View attachment 160135
    Today would have been a good day to come down and see you. I did take a 1/2 day this afternoon, but unfortunately I had a work lunch up in Carmel and since I was going to be up that way, volunteered to take the wife's vehicle by the dealer that is up there to let them take a quick look to order the part they knew it would be under warranty (yeah, that was productive). Then stopped by the Costco on the way back and loaded up on some household items.

Did get some good free eats though. I made sure I picked the place, since I was driving the farthest (50 minutes) to get there. Shrimp & grits for the win.

I'll have to get down there another time.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Is that an elbow pad or a knee brace on your rifle? Maybe you should let it heal up.
    That's a $1.49 Magpul PRS-3 imitation device.....

I was too cheap to buy an entire different stock when all I wanted was my cheek to sit higher (cheek on my face, not my butt).

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That's a $1.49 Magpul PRS-3 imitation device.....

I was too cheap to buy an entire different stock when all I wanted was my cheek to sit higher (cheek on my face, not my butt).
    Tradeoff, either the butt cheek rides higher due to fat wallet or the cheek on the face sits higher in style... Just have to pick one.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    How many red dots do you need on there?
    All of them. I took the Romeo off. Big improvement.

It really works well. Keeping the LPVO on 4x, then quickly transition to unmagnified for CQ by way of a 35° rotation. The reverse is true; find a target at distance in the RMR, rotate and no searching for a reticle/target at magnification. Severely reduces and/or eliminates the need to change power at a moments notice. Time is money.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    All of them. I took the Romeo off. Big improvement.

It really works well. Keeping the LPVO on 4x, then quickly transition to unmagnified for CQ by way of a 35° rotation. The reverse is true; find a target at distance in the RMR, rotate and no searching for a reticle/target at magnification. Severely reduces and/or eliminates the need to change power at a moments notice. Time is money.
    I've thought about such a setup, but I'm totally out of money.. I have to pay for an I-129F form early next week. Another $535 gon'.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom