Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Been sitting with a Shield Plus in my cart all night over at GrabaGun. They have them for $499, which seems like a good price, even with the shipping and FFL fee added on. I don't really need one, but when has that ever stopped me? :):

Adulting is so hard!
    But do you want one? Sometimes I'll buy something because it's a good price and then realize it wasn't what I really wanted. *coughSAR9cough*

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    But do you want one? Sometimes I'll buy something because it's a good price and then realize it wasn't what I really wanted. *coughSAR9cough*

I do. I kick myself for selling my old Shield 1.0 that I'd carried for a couple of years. Though to be honest the improvements on the Shield Plus make it worthwhile. 13+1 rounds in that size package is pretty compelling. I usually carry a compact size handgun, but there are times when a smaller gun would come in handy. The only thing I have that fits that criteria at this time is an LCP II and I really don't feel comfortable with the caliber, or how small the gun is.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Then go for it. :yesway: I actually had a shield that I let go several years ago. Nice gun.

I struggle with quality over quantity. Whether it's clothing or guns or whatever, I often buy the cheapest instead of what I really want. I'll buy ten $5 shirts that I won't end up wearing before I'll buy one $50 shirt I love. I had a thrifty upbringing, and it's a hard habit to break.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Then go for it. :yesway: I actually had a shield that I let go several years ago. Nice gun.

I struggle with quality over quantity. Whether it's clothing or guns or whatever, I buy the cheapest instead of what I really want. I'll buy ten $5 shirts that I won't end up wearing before I'll buy one $50 shirt I love. I had a thrifty upbringing, and it's a hard habit to break.

Some things I'm very thrifty about and some things I splurge on. I would buy the gun right away, but I have things I need to do around the house that are likely to be costly, so I'm trying to be an adult and put that ahead of buying yet another gun... :(

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Some things I'm very thrifty about and some things I splurge on. I would buy the gun right away, but I have things I need to do around the house that are likely to be costly, so I'm trying to be an adult and put that ahead of buying yet another gun... :(
    Yeah, it's a juggling act, but if it's something you want and the price is good, sometimes you have to strike while the iron is hot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Peoples we all struggle to make ends come together in this life. I know we have so when that opportunity comes we need to do what makes us feel good about using the fruits of our labors past Taxes/medical **** and just keeping the lights and and the gas tanks full. 2 new to me rifles and soon a project 1911 for the mouse. CKW is digging it.....:):

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Peoples we all struggle to make ends come together in this life. I know we have so when that opportunity comes we need to do what makes us feel good about using the fruits of our labors past Taxes/medical **** and just keeping the lights and and the gas tanks full. 2 new to me rifles and soon a project 1911 for the mouse. CKW is digging it.....:):
    Agreed, CM. I worked hard for 30 years and saved my pennies so that my retirement would be comfortable. I am starting to learn to treat myself, even if it's baby steps.

Speaking of treating yourself, I bought the most awesome t-shirt from We the People Holsters and needed to spend a bit more to get free shipping. Decided to try their bacon jerky. It is ridiculously good. I tried the applewood and the maple.

My t-shirt
    1621683718373.png

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    MOUSE HAS A PROJECT !!!!!
    WOOHOO! :coffee: :rockwoot:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Been sitting with a Shield Plus in my cart all night over at GrabaGun. They have them for $499, which seems like a good price, even with the shipping and FFL fee added on. I don't really need one, but when has that ever stopped me? :):

Adulting is so hard!
    $489 + tax looks like free shipping here

Helping...

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

I struggle with quality over quantity. Whether it's clothing or guns or whatever, I often buy the cheapest instead of what I really want. I'll buy ten $5 shirts that I won't end up wearing before I'll buy one $50 shirt I love. I had a thrifty upbringing, and it's a hard habit to break.
    Thrifty sounds so much nicer than what I get called. :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    $489 + tax looks like free shipping here

Helping...

Hmmmm... and I think I've bought something from them in the past, even though I don't recall what it was. The only thing that makes me lean towards GaG is that they are a known factor. I know it'll ship quickly and I'll get a notification, where it's up in the air from most other sites.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    GM all. Busy morning at the CC.

Did manage to order a 3-pack of 10-rd 10/22 mags on sale at PA for sub $45with shipping. In all my reading last night the mag/feed problem in 93's is quite common. No aftermarket support, only "bend feedlips" fixes. I may go the way of 1-shot conversion....calling those that recently upgraded. Who did you get those from?

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    GM all. More projects around the house for today.

I have A LOT of brass from the SGE. If I play my cards right, I'll have time this evening to prep.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom