Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm not really sure why I even want an SKS ..... maybe I'm mentally deficient ! ;)
    However, I do dislike stocking ammo for just one firearm, and my AK needs company .... yeah, that's it !

The only ammo that I stock for just one firearm is Brutus. Those big, hungry, howlin' bastids cost too dang much to own more than one !

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I did buy some ammo for Brutus today. Like a horse to water, they led me into purchasing another box of APIT rounds, and another box of API rounds.

From their email:

Real Lake City 50 cal API from a special purchase deal that took a year to negotiate, and only happened because management of the factory was changing from Northrop Grumman to Olin Corp and Northrop Grumman wanted to empty the warehouse before they left. This is one of those deals I was very surprised that it actually materialized, there will be no second chances on this ammo when it is gone, zero chance Olin is going to sell any API as commercial sales material. Get some before it is history.

And as sure as I'm an old salty-dog, I know that they're speaking the truth. It'll never be available for commercial sales again !
    When the next opportunity presents itself, I'ma gonna locate some special things to shoot..... I have no idea what, but it's going to happen.
    Large Carp..... Volkswagon Beetles, Drones .... you know, stuff like that ! :):

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    OK .... I'm wound-up, and nobody is going to talk to me. I get the hint.
    Time for some Zzzz's I suppose.
    My '54 Tula is one of my all-time favorite rifles. Svetlana and me go back like 4 flats on a Cadillac.

You should sit on this one. They are stupid prices for Karabin Simonova, but don't get hasty. The right one will pop up. And you'll be all the mo' happier.

2pencenonethericher

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    My '54 Tula is one of my all-time favorite rifles. Svetlana and me go back like 4 flats on a Cadillac.

You should sit on this one. They are stupid prices for Karabin Simonova, but don't get hasty. The right one will pop up. And you'll be all the mo' happier.

2pencenonethericher

OK then .... MM kicks can down the road.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I agree with RR, hold off until prices come down. Also it’s 2am, might be time for bed...
    The night time is the right time ! (at least for chronic insomniacs !) :cool:
    I just hope that our current government doesn't block future imports of SKS's..... we all know that they want to. Then, prices will soar even higher, for the ones already in the States !

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I went to an optomotrist for an examine and glasses for three different purposes a few weeks ago. Only one out of the 3 seem to be right.

I got the driving glasses as bifocals so I could also see the dash. My conversation with the lady that helped pick out frames and decide what I wanted out of each pair apparently got the bifocal changed to read menus 12" away rather than a dash ~40" away. That pair went back today when I went in to pick up the other pairs. It will come back to me without the bifocals.

The "computer" glasses will also have to go back. They focus at ~20-24" while I specifically told them my computer screens were 36" away.

The general use reading glasses came out quite nicely.

Reminds me of someones trials and tribulations attempting to get comfortable dentures...with much less discomfort and a compressed time frame.

After going to the eye doctor and paying big bucks for glasses and not getting anything that worked I just went to the store and bought several variations of store bought cheaters for different distances. Less money and better vision.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I will add a comment to the "low as you can go".

The first objective is a comfortable and natural shooting position. Second is close to the bore for easier adjustment.

With planning and a little luck, both can happen.

I use the coin method that T-dogg highlighted. There are also some on-line calculators such as:

I just used the above link for a action before getting the barrel. It said I had plenty of room. Not sure.....

if you go with a pic rail, you can add in MOA so that you can shoot longer distance.

Think 419 or Triggers by Scar - google 'em...

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good Morning : My People.!!

Anybody have a Henry 22lr pump action??

I have the hots for that iron and haven't ever seen one in the wild.

Do you love it? What's not to like about it?

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Before I do (another) :): foolish thing, somebody sell me an SKS ...... purdy please ?!?
    I have one of the latest Chinese offerings in my PSA cart. Those bastids just got in another shipment, and they say that it's the best looking shipment ever !

Heck, I'd even pay their ridiculous high price, but I'd rather pay one of you gangster's ridiculous high prices, and avoid cleaning the cosmoline out of the bastid !

I'm only 1/2 tongue-in-cheek ! Help an old gangster out.
    WANTED: your SKS !

with or without bayonet..?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Nice morning out there. I started the day by fertilizing the yard. Nothing like a good, early morning walk in circles around in wet grass to kick the day off.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom