The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

$328
    $20 shipping
    NST

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Accomplished some more cerakote work today. Did some slide ports on the Dan Wesson A2 Commander (CM's old carry gun) and hit it with Graphite Black. Not perfect, still learning, but I did a little better with coating thickness this time.

No, the texture does not match the frame. Let's just get that statement out of the way.
    :)

View attachment 351019 View attachment 351020
    Is the texture on purpose? Or is it dry spray or something else?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

$328
    $20 shipping
    NST

Rated best home defense pistol pick for newer shooters by Honest Outlaw:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've got the optics ready P10F and it's amazing.
    Reliable and accurate. 20rd capacity flush fit magazine. Love it.
    I paid close to $600 for mine when they first came out .

I have two OR P10C's. One I bought when they first came out that was around $600 - $650. The other I picked up for ~$375 about 6 months ago. Fantastic handguns and at the under $400 price they're hard to beat.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have two OR P10C's. One I bought when they first came out that was around $600 - $650. The other I picked up for ~$375 about 6 months ago. Fantastic handguns and at the under $400 price they're hard to beat.
    I should probably sell my other 9mm and just buy the P10 series. The 19rd magazine fits in the compact, and sub compact. I seen someone was making mag sleeves for the 19rd in the compact and 19rd and 15rd magazine sleeves for the 12rd sub compact.
    Point is the magazines will work in the lower capacity versions. Which is nice.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I should probably sell my other 9mm and just buy the P10 series. The 19rd magazine fits in the compact, and sub compact. I seen someone was making mag sleeves for the 19rd in the compact and 19rd and 15rd magazine sleeves for the 12rd sub compact.
    Point is the magazines will work in the lower capacity versions. Which is nice.

I've carried the P10C for about 5 - 6 years, first the non-OR version and now the OR version and it's a great gun. One thing I enjoy is that I have an older P-07 Duty and it can use the same mags. Mag compatibility is a wonderful thing.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I had the Canik METE that has an amazing trigger, but the Rival is better with its flat face and break at 90 degrees giving a much better feel on the trigger!
    It amazes me that they have improved on an already good trigger. That's listening to your customers. Made in Turkey or not that's how you win, and keep customers.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Is the texture on purpose? Or is it dry spray or something else?
    Combo of low pressure and too much distance when spraying. That's my best guess. I found paint buildup on the lower air port of the spray nozzle while painting, so that probably is a clue to a professional as to what I did wrong. Fine tuning those adjustment knobs on the spray gun seems to be a skill I haven't quite obtained yet. Maybe I'll win the lotto and get factory trained at Cerakote. Also, my mind goes 150mph and if I don't talk myself through things while I'm doing them I will get ahead of myself.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Combo of low pressure and too much distance when spraying. That's my best guess. I found paint buildup on the lower air port of the spray nozzle while painting, so that probably is a clue to a professional as to what I did wrong. Fine tuning those adjustment knobs on the spray gun seems to be a skill I haven't quite obtained yet. Maybe I'll win the lotto and get factory trained at Cerakote. Also, my mind goes 150mph and if I don't talk myself through things while I'm doing them I will get ahead of myself.
    Certainly no professional, but sounds like too much paint along with the distance like you said.
    It’s always suprised me there are not clicks or at least marks on those knobs for at least a reference.
    It’s definitely a ‘feel’ thing.
    Hope you’re enjoying it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom