The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    And the circle disappears if you are "on target" and appears and helps guide you on target if needed. Cool idea.
    I have a 507c ACSS Vulcan I picked up from ZachCZ. I don’t have a lot of time with it yet but I do like the chevron and the outer circle does work as described. I’m probably going to put it on the Para double stack “Frankenstein” 1911. I like that the chevron is a larger shape that is easier to pickup than a small dot and the top of the chevron offers a fine aiming point. Unfortunately they don’t offer the chevron on the smaller footprint (507K, EPS carry). The EPS carry has a ACSS version but it uses a dot reticle instead of the chevron. @wtburnette whenever I make it back down to Indy Arms you’re welcome to try it out.

And thank you all for the advice.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    All day, sure. The kids need picked up at 3. My day is their day after that. I’ll try again tomorrow.
    I vote shoot first when the kids aren't home and paint the fence after. That way if you're not finished painting when you pick up the kids you can have them help. Bet they'd have a blast. My 2cents, you get what ya pay for :cool:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    All this discussion of optics, will need to figure out what optic for the Scorpion. I have a Vortex Sparc on my Freedom Ordnance, but thinking I may go with something like a Holosun (but no idea of model yet) on the Scorpion. What optics are folks here running on their Scorpions?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Picked up some new wild west pieces, a 10 gauge coach gun and a Colt Dragoon conversion to 45 Colt. The 3.5 inch 18 00 buck at 1100 FPS shells certainly let you know what's going down range. It's a little hard on the fingers like the 405. I'll shoot the Dragoon tomorrow as I don't want the house to smell tonight after clean up.

short10.jpg

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Henri and I had some GPT today. She first ran her M&P EZ for the first time. She did ok with it but had a hard time with the grip safety. She then tried my P365 but had a hard time picking up the red dot. She asked if she could try my Staccato CS. She proceeded to punish the steel with it. Now she wants one….:dunno:

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    All this discussion of optics, will need to figure out what optic for the Scorpion. I have a Vortex Sparc on my Freedom Ordnance, but thinking I may go with something like a Holosun (but no idea of model yet) on the Scorpion. What optics are folks here running on their Scorpions?
    I have a Swampfox Liberator II and a Vortex Sparc AR on the two Scorpions I have.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Henri and I had some GPT today. She first ran her M&P EZ for the first time. She did ok with it but had a hard time with the grip safety. She then tried my P365 but had a hard time picking up the red dot. She asked if she could try my Staccato CS. She proceeded to punish the steel with it. Now she wants one….:dunno:
    Funny how that happens sometimes..;)

So when does hers come in?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    All day, sure. The kids need picked up at 3. My day is their day after that. I’ll try again tomorrow.
    I split about a rick of mixed hardwood with the maul and hauled a bunch of chips with the tractor. Barb went to the business meeting at church and I chased down a Noble Romans hand tossed and started the cowboy TV. Been drinking some Knob Creek rye and enjoying the spring peepers for a few minutes. 1000002505.jpg
    Been a great day. Feeling well blessed.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    What red dot reticle do you like on an EDC and why do you like it over other options? I’m not really asking about manufacturers and models, but more about red dot reticle types. Small 2moa dot, larger 6moa dot, circle/dot, chevron, green/red, etc…. I’ve never carried a red dot. I only have red dots on range guns. I primarily have holosuns with the circle dot and I like it at the range but I’m thinking the circle dot reticle may be too “busy” for quick defensive purposes. I’ve heard/read that a simple large dot is better for personal defense. I’m curious of y’all’s opinions on this.

I like a simple dot 2/3 moa and I also like the acss Vulcan reticle (chevron).

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I split about a rick of mixed hardwood with the maul and hauled a bunch of chips with the tractor. Barb went to the business meeting at church and I chased down a Noble Romans hand tossed and started the cowboy TV. Been drinking some Knob Creek rye and enjoying the spring peepers for a few minutes. View attachment 339607
    Been a great day. Feeling well blessed.
    Now that’s what I call a great day. Work hard play hard, rest well

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Looks like we’re on the same page. I placed an order for a EPS carry MRS this afternoon. After the optics discussion this morning I decided to stick with what I’m used to (circle dot) and continue to train and build on that. I plan to put the EPS carry on the P01.

Top Bottom