The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Wait? Are you saying that I can reallocate food expenses to the firearm fund?
    Sure thing. As MM said, diet plan!

On a serious note: I personally dislike the Visa/MC gift cards quite a bit as some places have issues handling them, etc and the gift giver pays a fee on top of the cost of them, etc. On other occasions I get them from some refund or something else.

I have to find creative ways to use them some times. I had a bad experience with Plainfield Shooting Supply being able to handle them, and now I just use them at the grocery store, etc and reallocate those funds to whatever I was really going to spend the money on.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Trigger on prodigy may have been worst I’ve ever felt on a fairly expensive pistol. It didn’t feel as well made as the rock. Not sure if thst is bc of the polymer grip or what. Didn’t do any Gary style tests but the accuracy for me was better by a noticeable margin. Assuming it is mainly trigger and I know that’s an easy fix. The rock shot smoother. Honestly I went into yesterday thinking the prodigy is going to blow its doors off and I’d be selling the rock and buying one this week. Now I have zero desire at all to choose it over rock.

Side note the mag catch broke on the prodigy couple days before our range trip but buddy was able to rig it back together. For the price just left a lot of bad taste in my mouth. One positive is I do like the slightly slimmer grip on it and I’m assuming all true 2011 over the rock but that was honestly it. Optics cut does nothing for me.
    Thanks for the explanation. Sounds like the RIA you got is a good one and the Prodigy you're buddy got is a bad one. I think you'd change your mind, or at least hate the Prodigy less, if you shot a better sample of it.

Did you ever get your mag issue figured out on the RIA?

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Sure thing. As MM said, diet plan!

On a serious note: I personally dislike the Visa/MC gift cards quite a bit as some places have issues handling them, etc and the gift giver pays a fee on top of the cost of them, etc. On other occasions I get them from some refund or something else.

I have to find creative ways to use them some times. I had a bad experience with Plainfield Shooting Supply being able to handle them, and now I just use them at the grocery store, etc and reallocate those funds to whatever I was really going to spend the money on.
    FWIW Marksman’s seems to handle the Visa/MC gift cards just fine. I rack up reward points at work and turn them in for gift cards. I bought an AR from Marksman’s last year that way. Knowing my exact card balance made it go smoother. For some reason they said they have issues taking the balance to zero. If you know the exact amount on the card, they’ll leave one cent on it and it works just fine.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    FWIW Marksman’s seems to handle the Visa/MC gift cards just fine. I rack up reward points at work and turn them in for gift cards. I bought an AR from Marksman’s last year that way. Knowing my exact card balance made it go smoother. For some reason they said they have issues taking the balance to zero. If you know the exact amount on the card, they’ll leave one cent on it and it works just fine.
    Yeah, my problem with PSS was I told them the exact amount on the card, and because they add a card fee and apparently they could not comprehend math it was an issue (i.e. you can't charge $50 + processing fee to a card that has $50 on it). Their processor also placed a hold on the card even during a decline so that once I again explained it to them and told them to charge it for $48 + fee they tried to process it again and it had another issue. 8 Days later when the funds were freed up, I bought groceries with the card ;-)

On the other hand, AEAMMO handled them great just as you say and no issues and they were able to then split the additional amount to another card, etc.

But as other said, splitting online charges can be an issue and other less than savvy B&M merchants seem to have issues sometimes.

These days, I just buy groceries with them ;-)

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Thanks for the explanation. Sounds like the RIA you got is a good one and the Prodigy you're buddy got is a bad one. I think you'd change your mind, or at least hate the Prodigy less, if you shot a better sample of it.

Did you ever get your mag issue figured out on the RIA?
    He is dropping some cash in it for all new Internals which I guess is the thing a lot of competition people are doing. I’ll shoot it more. Maybe I’ve been spoiled with nice CZs over the years but I can’t wrap my head around it costing more than a shadow and feeling and performing the way it does. Even taking the rock out of the equation I feel if the prodigy would have been my first real Interaction with a ds 1911 I would have been super unsatisfied and probably would have sworn them off for good LOL.

I did figure out the mags. It was one mag. Once I numbered them I figured it out. The spring was shorter in it. Just stretched it a bit and it seems fine now. I have a variety of mags. The one giving problems is labeled 22 tcm. Seems to be fine now. Wouldn’t run it in competion but since I just like holes in paper it will be fine. I’ll get new spring or just continue to stretch it out if it starts not locking back.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    He is dropping some cash in it for all new Internals which I guess is the thing a lot of competition people are doing. I’ll shoot it more. Maybe I’ve been spoiled with nice CZs over the years but I can’t wrap my head around it costing more than a shadow and feeling and performing the way it does. Even taking the rock out of the equation I feel if the prodigy would have been my first real Interaction with a ds 1911 I would have been super unsatisfied and probably would have sworn them off for good LOL.

I did figure out the mags. It was one mag. Once I numbered them I figured it out. The spring was shorter in it. Just stretched it a bit and it seems fine now. I have a variety of mags. The one giving problems is labeled 22 tcm. Seems to be fine now. Wouldn’t run it in competion but since I just like holes in paper it will be fine. I’ll get new spring or just continue to stretch it out if it starts not locking back.
    CZ ergonomics do spoil us. Add in a SAO trigger and WOW!

I have to echo what Travis said. I think your buddy got a turd Prodigy. I've shot his back to back with his Staccato and it held its own quite nicely. I even preferred the Prodigy grip just a tad more - was also a very soft shooter.

I liked the Staccato and the Prodigy so much I bought a BUL.....

yes....I tend to take the road less traveled....

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    CZ ergonomics do spoil us. Add in a SAO trigger and WOW!

I have to echo what Travis said. I think your buddy got a turd Prodigy. I've shot his back to back with his Staccato and it held its own quite nicely. I even preferred the Prodigy grip just a tad more - was also a very soft shooter.

I liked the Staccato and the Prodigy so much I bought a BUL.....

yes....I tend to take the road less traveled....
    I too wonder down those roads! I’m honestly looking at other cheaper 2011 to see what I can get and maybe like more. Not sure why there are not more less expensive options for those of us thst want the style gun but don’t need all the bells and whistles. Some of the tisas options look promising. Possibly the girsan 2311. I don’t want to be in over 1k for anything that isn’t a CZ.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I too wonder down those roads! I’m honestly looking at other cheaper 2011 to see what I can get and maybe like more. Not sure why there are not more less expensive options for those of us thst want the style gun but don’t need all the bells and whistles. Some of the tisas options look promising. Possibly the girsan 2311. I don’t want to be in over 1k for anything that isn’t a CZ.
    I will seriously consider the Tisas or MAC offering if I see one in the store. They really put forth a solid bang for buck 1911 already.

What T-dogg has been able to do with the Tisas platform is impressive. Trust me, I don't say that just to be nice to him....

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Here’s my newest. Couldn’t turn it down for price with the trigger upgraded and Dawson sights. The sand paper talon grips are too aggressive for me. I need to give up the office job and be more manly I guess lol

View attachment 334304

Another great CZ offering!!!!! Best g**** ever made. lol

Top Bottom