Greenwood, IN
    This is today's EDC
    033c71c3abe23bd69b61d2074d3ec969.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Any good Central Indiana options for putting hands on some of these knives? Premier Arms is a Benchmade dealer, so I'll go check out what they have in person. Been in there quite a few times, just never really took the time to checkout the knife counter. Any other suggestions?

Does Sportsman's Warehouse have a decent selection in store? Again, the few times I've been in there been focused on fishing, shooting equipment.

Also, any good places in Central IN area to have a knife sharpened. I'd like to get my current EDC sharpened up, and not everyone can deal with a Tanto blade (my current EDC is about as sharp as a butter knife at this point)

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Any good Central Indiana options for putting hands on some of these knives? Premier Arms is a Benchmade dealer, so I'll go check out what they have in person. Been in there quite a few times, just never really took the time to checkout the knife counter. Any other suggestions?

Does Sportsman's Warehouse have a decent selection in store? Again, the few times I've been in there been focused on fishing, shooting equipment.

Also, any good places in Central IN area to have a knife sharpened. I'd like to get my current EDC sharpened up, and not everyone can deal with a Tanto blade (my current EDC is about as sharp as a butter knife at this point)
    Edged Tools here on ingo. Best prices I've found. Straight shooter.

Raven312

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2018
    Hammond
    I'm beginning to really hate shipping companies. More accurately, I'm really beginning to hate having anything shipped by anyone. Case in point: Radios inbound from eastern OH via FedSux. Ordered Saturday, shipped yesterday and FE has an arrival date of today between 10am and 3pm. I'm thinking that is sounding bogus but with a grand in radio equipment heading this way, I've been hanging around the house today just in case. Tracking shows it having still been in eastern OH as of 8am this morning. How bad is their system that they would put a delivery estimate out as early as 2 hours in the future while their own data shows the package still 6 hours away by truck?

Then, there's the MidwayUSA order that was shipped SurePost. It's been sitting as 'Label Created' since last Wednesday. I have no idea if it shipped and has gone dark, hasn't shipped or what's up with that. That one is on me though, as I've sworn to avoid SurePost at any cost and I let my guard down.

Sorry for the rant, but I hate crap like this. I'd much, much rather the company just state that it's shipped and should be here within 10 days than to try to predict the arrival with abominable accuracy.

:tantrum:

In my experience, Surepost will not give you a lot of information. You should see when UPS picks it up but you normally won't see anything else until the last handoff, when the USPS gets it. Things get returned a lot because they get lost in one of the systems. If you can avoid it (from now on), I would. I worked with our company's returns and with Surepost all we can do is reship. They charged us for the original shipment, the trip back, and the new shipment.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited:

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon

Cabelas in Noblesville/Fishers used to have a good knife selection including Benchmade and other brands. I gather that’s still a bit of a drive for you, but if you find yourself out that way it’s worth a stop.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Cabelas in Noblesville/Fishers used to have a good knife selection including Benchmade and other brands. I gather that’s still a bit of a drive for you, but if you find yourself out that way it’s worth a stop.
    Thanks. Good to know. Most of these places I've been in, just never paid attention to knife selection, so good to get some points of reference.

That's not too bad. Actually will be relatively close to that area tomorrow, but will be on a bit of a tight timeline.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville

I know bobcat has some nice knives here in shelbyville. I think Microtech. Too rich for my blood though. I stick the the American made gerbers and kershaws and one stupid little crkt I love

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom