• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy

I just placed an order.
    Thanks for posting it. I'll have a new book to read maybe by Saturday depending on how long Cincinnati USPS let's it lay around.
    Man your gonna love that book. I have been reading it and its great. Even has a troubleshooting section.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I feel kinda "dated" when I think of days when our issued weapons were called Service Revolvers". Yep, they fired, hit where aimed, minimum maintenance. We even had class 3 Safariland leather holsters.

We upped to Glock22s. Oh man, what a difference! Aimed, fired, easy to clean, and carried a lot of backup from 6 to 15 rounds!

Couple guys got Glock21s. Kinda bulky, but it works.

Chief carried a Colt Commander 1911.
    Chief had over 30 years experience, knew the Colt inside out. Good marksmanship too.
    Officers fumbled with getting slide off of Glocks, worried about how to install the RSA,
    Marksmanship was okay, but not stellar. No ADs ever occured. Thank goodness!

Sometimes, I wish for my revolver days to return, it's on nightstand duty.
    Glock 19 replaced it since 2001.
    I like my 1911 too. No reservations about carrying it as a CCW. G19 is lighter though.
    Good luck in your choices.

I hear ya, brother! And all that in a career that saw, service revolvers, 1911's, S&W 2nd and 3rd gens, Beretta 92's, and Glocks.

Top Bottom