• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I don't have enough experience in multiple hangun makes, but last year I bought the FNX9 and love the feel of it. When I get the chance I want the FNS 9c for a carry gun. You don't see a whole lot of talk about FN models on here.

Brickmandan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2017
    Wheeler
    Beretta 92fs/M9. The slide racks like it's on ball bearings, super reliable, feels good in my hands and I shoot it great. Lots of after market parts if you want to customize it including Wilson Combat. It's also the best looking handgun ever made, no plastic gun comes close. The military thought enough of the M9 to use it for 35 years.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    :dunno:

Black-Bear.jpg

https://www.lesbaer.com/BlackBaer.html#

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have more Glock 19's than the OP has 9mm handguns, (they work, and they're cheap, stack'em deep), that said, the very best 9mm I have EVER handled and shot was a Novak HRT Hi-Power, followed immediately by a Sig P210.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Congrats on the FN warthog! I don't have an answer as to the best. And as you know I am a glock fan. I am super interested in getting into CZ's though. The new P10C has my attention for sure too!

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    The more I shoot my Sig P320's in 9mm the more they fit the exact criteria you mention. Of course YMMV but I seriously REALLY enjoy shooting them. I have 2 compacts and one subcompact. I find them accurate, soft shooting, and very comfortable in my hands.

For carry, however, the Glocks get the nod. For reasons I can't explain, the Glock in any flavor just carries better for me than the Sig. Come range time though, the 320's get way more exercise.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have a Sig320 and think it is great as well as a P226.

I think I want it for the range for the most part. I would maybe carry it but mostly for the range.

Thanks folks! Keep 'em coming and remember to tell me what it is you like about the gun you mention. TIA!

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Real easy ..... g---k, doesn't "fit" me .....

I have owned my Model 59, since 1979,

The CZ, is a recent aquire, from a friend, here on INGO .....

He let me shoot it, a year or two, ago .....

When he put it up for sale, I just happen to have "extra" money,

so it is now my EDC .....

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland

??????????????

Ok, so let's assume we're NOT all J.P. Gottrox.....
    I'm gonna say a Sig 226.
    It points more naturally than any other pistol I own.
    It puts 'em on target.
    It is drop dead reliable.
    It is a PLEASURE to shoot.

For these reasons and more it is my go to "zombie " gun.
    I have several mags for it, and honestly just enjoy shooting it.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    The most solid 9mm I've ever shot was my 9mm STI Lawman 5.0. I've got it up for sale on consignment at a local gun shop. While I doubt I'll ever shoot anything as nice, capacity is a real issue. Awesome gun if low capacity is your thing look seriously into a high end 9mm 1911.

My cz75 Omega is one of my favorites. If the p07 in 9mm it's as nice as my 40 it would be a top runner in my book of I were looking at a dasa. I'm meh on Sig's I think CZ does it better.

I'm teaching myself to like my Glock 34. It's a great shooter, mags are compatible with a 17, and my sub 2k. Accessories are readily available everywhere. There is a huge aftermarket. After 500 rounds I really started to get dialed in and it feeds everything I put in it. I just need to replace the factory sights with some Dawson offerings. The Glock is my most versatile and may end up being one of my favorites. Like keystone light tho, it took a few rounds to appreciate.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Last year, and into this year I tried shooting a bunch of guns. The one I liked the most was the VP9. I have a VP9 now. I later bought a CZ-75BD, and I really like it as well. I like the feel, I like the action on both. The CZ being a SA/DA, takes me back to my childhood and watching movies/TV shows where it showed someone cocking the trigger on the gun. Now granted most of those were cowboy movies, but in the late 70s and early 80s you saw it done with some semi-automatic guns as well. But this is Hollywood, and they don't always get things right in the movies.

So I guess best 9mm would depend on the person. What feels good in the hand, what they shoot well.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    How has the beretta 92 not made an appearance in this thread? Low recoil. Accurate. Good looking in stainless and rosewood grips.
    great for starters. Great for pro's. Only reason i dont have one is because my assets are tied up in other projects.
    They are going to be inexspensive soon to id gamble due to the new handgun of choice for the US army. Im not sure its the BEST 9mm but it deserves mention.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    How has the beretta 92 not made an appearance in this thread? Low recoil. Accurate. Good looking in stainless and rosewood grips.
    great for starters. Great for pro's. Only reason i dont have one is because my assets are tied up in other projects.
    They are going to be inexspensive soon to id gamble due to the new handgun of choice for the US army. Im not sure its the BEST 9mm but it deserves mention.

See post #23

John

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Wow! I dont think there is "one best" simply because one rarely fills all the needs of the moment. But here are some that few will argue are some of the best of the best (imho) for various reasons...in no particular order. These are obviously from the last 30 years of my firearms owning life, so some arent even produced any more...but they still are some of the best! And I have personally owned, shot, and/or carried them all.
    Sig Sauer P210, HK P7M8, Beretta 92FS, HK P2000sk LEM, S&W 6906/3913, Glock 19/17, Browning HP, Sig Sauer P226, S&W Shield (Why? Because at the current prices nobody has to go without a quality self defense...quality defensive caliber, handgun!)

Having said that, my go to SHTF gun? Glock 19. NOT because I am a fan boy...in fact the 19 is the only one I like...dependable, more than accurate enough for SD, hi capacity, light weight and compact enough to conceal, yet large enough to be a serious fighting handgun...and parts and magazine availability until the end of days!

Top Bottom