• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    First few weeks away from home is hard but also raises a lot of questions. Here are a few good ones.

I do have Medicare, right?

Are we Hispanic?

When is fall break?

Should I fly First Class to Mexico or drive?

I'm OK really, just been studying a lot.

Does car insurance go up after the first accident?
    What if no one got hurt?
    I wasn't actually driving so does that help?

Please feel free to add yours.

rem788

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    indy west
    Calls from college students:
    Son: Dad! My car got towed!
    Dad: Really, how did that happen?
    Son: I don't know, I've parked in that no parking spot a hundred times and never got towed!
    Dad: LOL, did you hear what just you said?

Daughter: Dad! I had a fender bender and my car got towed to the impound lot.
    Dad: Ok, we will come up and get it out.
    Arrive at lot, pay fee, get in car. Engine cranks but will not start. GRRRRR, open hood, then think to ask daughter " What does gas gauge say?"
    Daughter: Well it says just above empty but I know there is gas in it, I drive it all the time like this.
    Dad: GRRRRRRRRRRRR, proceed to go purchase gas can, get gas and put in car. Car starts right up.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was given a number of letters that my wife mailed home when she was in college. (yes there was a time before emails and before texting)

They mostly followed this pattern:

Hi, I am having a lot of fun.

I dropped a class because it was too hard.

I ate in a really nice restaurant, it is expensive but so good.

I met a new guy that is taking me to a concert on Saturday.

My roommate and I are having a lot of fun playing tennis,

I think I am going to take a few days off class for a road trip.

And the number one recurring line; "My checking account is almost empty, can you have daddy put at least $250 more in it, I have to buy some school stuff."

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Phone rings: Dad… yes Kate.. my car won’t start..Me: ok Kate, tell me what it’s doing…. Kate: it might be because I left the lights on for 5 hours…Me: well Kate your battery is dead. Kate: no Dad I turned the lights off. Me: Kate you drained the the battery so the car won’t start Kate : we’ll that’s stupid why would they make cars like that… long silence while I took a deep breath and went and got the jump pack

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Phone rings: Dad… yes Kate.. my car won’t start..Me: ok Kate, tell me what it’s doing…. Kate: it might be because I left the lights on for 5 hours…Me: well Kate your battery is dead. Kate: no Dad I turned the lights off. Me: Kate you drained the the battery so the car won’t start Kate : we’ll that’s stupid why would they make cars like that… long silence while I took a deep breath and went and got the jump pack
    This is a training issue. Problem is, you didn't train her.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Not near as much fun as letters home from MCRD Parris Island.
    All of us are Aug babies, all turned 18 at basic.
    Send your sons 48 mini pink and purple cupcakes along with my lilttle pony plates for their birthday. The letters the next week are truly worthy.
    Dad, I can stand in line longer than any swinging dick on this base. He was shortly tested.
    Dad, Im the only one on my barracks floor that knows how to use a washer an dryer.
    Dad, Ive been spit on so much, it just feels like rain.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    This is a training issue. Problem is, you didn't train her.
    Well my friend that is not correct. Both of my girls had many hours of driving in different conditions. Made to change a flat tire.. their own oil.. wipers. What idiot lights mean..
    Just to clarify
    Problem was when it came to common sense she did not use her problem solving skills.. I didn’t let her get her license until she was 17-1/2 years old.
    On the road of life common sense was in a car driving the opposite direction and Katie was standing on the side of the road waving at it as it went by. ;)
    Could have it been you too were there assuming I didn’t do my job as well;)

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Well my friend that is not correct. Both of my girls had many hours of driving in different conditions. Made to change a flat tire.. their own oil.. wipers. What idiot lights mean..
    Just to clarify
    Problem was when it came to common sense she did not use her problem solving skills.. I didn’t let her get her license until she was 17-1/2 years old.
    On the road of life common sense was in a car driving the opposite direction and Katie was standing on the side of the road waving at it as it went by. ;)
    Could have it been you too were there assuming I didn’t do my job as well;)
    I'd have gladly helped. But I understand the inability to think and perform at ones best when under duress. Please accept my apologies for assuming training was inadequate.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Sitting in a room with several hundred other parents at Ball State. It was a Q&A about the first semester at school and what to expect. The advisor asked " What do you say when you get the frantic call at 3 AM the first week the students are here because they are alone and afraid?". She then shoved the mic in my face.......I said " Sorry you have the wrong number".

Don

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I'd have gladly helped. But I understand the inability to think and perform at ones best when under duress. Please accept my apologies for assuming training was inadequate.
    No worries.. at all. No harsh tones implied. I am grateful to share and hear back from anyone here on INGO.

Top Bottom