Testing Women's Self Defense Weapons | Does Milk Help Against Pepper Spray? | Go Guarded Ring Review

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Baby shampoo mixed with sugar.
    Sudecon wipes / spray.
    Multiple buckets of fresh water that you dunk your face in. Start on one end and finish after 8 - 10 buckets. Do not reuse the water as the OC floats on the surface.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Air and time. After spraying countless recruits with OC, air and time is the only combination that works well. Open the eyes and keep them open to air out. We've tried commercial wipes to reduce the recovery time and they didn't help at all. Never tried milk but the oil is tough to remove "by force". People also can injure themselves by rubbing their eyes from the discomfort. Unless you keep your eyes open while you pour a continuous flow of whole milk over them, it's a wasteful use of milk. DON'T pour Dawn into your eyes....

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Air and time. After spraying countless recruits with OC, air and time is the only combination that works well. Open the eyes and keep them open to air out. We've tried commercial wipes to reduce the recovery time and they didn't help at all. Never tried milk but the oil is tough to remove "by force". People also can injure themselves by rubbing their eyes from the discomfort. Unless you keep your eyes open while you pour a continuous flow of whole milk over them, it's a wasteful use of milk. DON'T pour Dawn into your eyes....
    ^^THIS^^

What a lot of folks don’t understand is with the use of any type of OC/Pepper spray you have a good chance of residual exposure.

Out of the hundreds of times I have used it or been around when it was used we got it on part of us at least half. Air and cold water is your friend.
    And don’t rub your eyes

And when you get home DO NOT take a hot shower or if reactivates just like you were sprayed right then! Cold showers only!

Using Milk is a new one on me as well.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Sudecon wipes work for the skin. I don't think anything works for the eyes.

I used to play training dummy for a women's self defense class when I was younger and stupider. I would do a variation of the 21' drill where they could attempt to spray me with whatever spray they actually carried from the position they actually carried it. Deploy from purse or whatever. They could have their hands on it at the start, though. I didn't wear any sort of protective gear because we wanted them to see a dedicated (or stupid enough) 'attacker' reaction and didn't want them thinking the goggles/mask/whatever was the reason it didn't work.

This resulted in me getting sprayed multiple times a day, but seldom "good hits" and often by fairly cheap-o sprays from the local Wal-mart or equivalent. Lots of chest, shoulder, etc. Sudecon was good for that. Get a good blast in the face, though, and it's as you've seen. Wipe your cheeks as best you can to avoid more evaporation into the eyes and gut it out.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    History tells me when you use pepper spray, everybody in the immediate area gets to enjoy the experience. Including the person dispensing it. Pepper spray don't care!

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    History tells me when you use pepper spray, everybody in the immediate area gets to enjoy the experience. Including the person dispensing it. Pepper spray don't care!
    Usually that’s a LE issue with an Sig pile and you have to go hands in after.
    However folks should “Be Prepared” as wind etc AND somewhat likely if the perp is institutionalized they know if they hug you quick your gonna be hurting as well!

So just like a firearm after you spray get space and distance

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Everybody gets a pepper spray…

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I never wanted anyone in the ambulance after getting sprayed. I used a couple of bags of normal saline on a macro set to flush eyes.

Top Bottom