• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Spent a couple of awesome weeks in Mexico, and developed a taste for good Anejo tequila. Many of the brands I had down there are not commercially available at the package stores around town, and wondered if we have any tequila experts here that can point me in the right direction. Thanks :ingo:

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I'm not much of a drinker but I rarely if ever pass up a shot or two of Don Julio when it's offered.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I'm pretty blue collar, so historically I've bought 1800. I won a 1.75 Liter bottle of El Jimador Blanco in a Black Jack tournament while I was on vacation, so I've been using it, but I have the taste for something better. Love Don Julio and Patron. Anyone familiar with El Mayor?

chefnick7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Monticello Indiana
    Best tequila I've ever found i Mexico is Manana Tequila. Hard to find in the states but just order online. I paid about $15-20 a bottle in Mexico but you ll pay $40-60 online at best price. Well worth it. I've also had some luck with Don Tadeo, but very hard to find small batch tequila is so much better than the large name brands.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Best tequila I've ever found i Mexico is Manana Tequila. Hard to find in the states but just order online. I paid about $15-20 a bottle in Mexico but you ll pay $40-60 online at best price. Well worth it. I've also had some luck with Don Tadeo, but very hard to find small batch tequila is so much better than the large name brands.

I tried Manana in a guys bar in Puerto Vallarta along the beach one night, and your right, very good :yesway:

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    once you have had something better than the koolaid(sorry Jose), you never want to go back.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I was going to say buy cheap and in bulk but I've had some pretty bad "decent" tequila. Patron isn't something I'll ever drink again. Don Julio is pretty decent. I've had some cheap bottles brought back from Mexico and they were really good.

Booze and guns...2 things I could talk about all day.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Just stay 100% Blue Agave (cactus)
    For cheaper stuff I liked Sauza they make different qualities
    for better stuff under 50.00 I liked Cabo Wabo or Don Julio
    Of course you have blanco (white) or Añejo (brown)
    I was drinking Don Julio in Mexico years ago before you could even buy it in the states. Its very good.

Enjoy!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I stopped struggling to find a tequila I could stomach and just go with Seagrams 7. It's pretty cheap and gets the job done.

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    I'm not a tequila fan but the ones I can drink and not vomit back up are Don Julio and Hornito's Anejo..... seriously...... on my last night of freedom with the guys they bought me a shot of Patron Platinum and i barfed it up..... felt ashamed but tequila doesn't agree with me, even $25 a shot tequila.....

Top Bottom