Teen in a Coma After Accident, Cited for Jaywalking _ Enforce all laws ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    while the timing was bad, I'm torn. The reason you have jaywalking laws is so that you don't walk out in front of cars... she jaywalked and stepped in front of a car. If I was a judge I would dismiss it, I'm pretty sure that if she survives she's gonna look both ways now.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I think that her punishment is more than sufficient for the crime. Drop the citation. I hope that she makes a total recovery. It is a lesson that she will not likely forget and will also likely pass on to her friends.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    I think that her punishment is more than sufficient for the crime. Drop the citation. I hope that she makes a total recovery. It is a lesson that she will not likely forget and will also likely pass on to her friends.

I was thinking the way you do here but ...... I wonder if it was NECESSARY to write the citation so that the driver would not be at fault for legal and insurance reasons ...
    don't know

Thanks
    Duncan

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    how about it LEO's...do you really think of absolving the other guy of insurance liabilities in something like this? Or did he have to write the ticket because she was injured and this was how it occurred?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It would be for insurance purposes to show clear fault. That is the only reason I will write a ticket while doing a crash report.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    while yes this is bad
    she broke the law
    she got hit by the car.
    regardless whose fault it was the driver still feels like :poop:
    i hope the judge dismisses it but i agree with releasing the driver of any fault.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    while yes this is bad
    she broke the law
    she got hit by the car.
    regardless whose fault it was the driver still feels like :poop:
    i hope the judge dismisses it but i agree with releasing the driver of any fault.

Ahhh I wouldn't .
    I would be scared .. maybe I was doing 5 over the limit ... I would probably not know exactly how fast I was going . Is the family going to sue me .. etc.
    But I would not feel bad . I would not show it but I would be angry at her .
    Because she was stupid and did not look both ways before crossing the street she made me late and very likely will cause out of pocket expenses for me and higher insurance rates .
    It boils down to the natural selection process ... doing stupid things makes you die young .

Thanks
    Duncan

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Ahhh I wouldn't .
    I would be scared .. maybe I was doing 5 over the limit ... I would probably not know exactly how fast I was going . Is the family going to sue me .. etc.
    But I would not feel bad . I would not show it but I would be angry at her .
    Because she was stupid and did not look both ways before crossing the street she made me late and very likely will cause out of pocket expenses for me and higher insurance rates .
    It boils down to the natural selection process ... doing stupid things makes you die young .

Thanks
    Duncan
    did you forget some purple? :): moving on...... while the family can attempt to sue, i don't think it would work out in their favor because she was issued the citation showing she was in the wrong.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    well i always imagine if her family tries to sue the driver, the drive could probably make a counter suit for trauma, loss of job and wadges, vehicle repairs, therepy.. etc.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    did you forget some purple? :): moving on...... while the family can attempt to sue, i don't think it would work out in their favor because she was issued the citation showing she was in the wrong.
    Yup!
    The citation was necessary to avoid a lawsuit against the driver, for negligence, the Police, for failure to enforce the statutes as written, and the automobile manufacturer, for failure to produce a car that can recognize a pedestrian and stop on its own.
    All praise to the lawyers for our litigious society. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom