taxation without representation. Congress putting on it's king George hat.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    first comment:
    "In a court decision on an interstate telephone purchase, the court ruled if they called me, the transaction took place in my state. If I called them, it took place in their state. It would follow that the same should apply to internet sales: I go to their site, the sale takes place in their state. Many states are counting chickens that will hatch elsewhere. "

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Hmm... Which states have low or no sales tax? Methinks I smell an impending exodus.

If it wasn't for geographical reasons, is ditch this state too. Between property, income and sales tax, Indiana isn't a friendly place to be for those who are successful.

I'm surprised the handful of Walmart supporters refuse to debate the issue raised by the Heritage foundation:
    Taxation without representation.

I suppose bashing the founding fathers is still a hard topic for them to broach openly.

Meanwhile...

12519_10152175260149240_232925477_n.jpg

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I suspect no amount of resistance will prevent this from passing. It's low hanging fruit for the government and another way to tax us to death.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Of the many issues I've warned about over the internet tax mandate, this is the most fundamental and it alone should be enough to quell the special interests.

It's always "special interest" when it's the other guy. :rolleyes:

I fail to see the lack of representation. The one being taxed is YOU the resident, not the retailer. The retailer is simply being forced into doing the same thing a local retailer does - collect that tax and turn it over to the state.

Besides, businesses don't vote - we the people do.

On the other hand, if I buy something in a store in MI, I pay tax to Michigan, I have no representation in MI! (Those stupid $.10 deposits are another issue) I can't tell the clerk, "No, I live in IN so I'm not going to pay your tax."

But, if I call that same store and tell them to bill me and mail me the product, then I don't pay any tax at all.

How is that right?

So, Prometheus, do you fill out that portion on your tax return for "use tax" on all your internet orders? Or do you just want to keep on paying less tax than you should? Perhaps watching this video will change your mind.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00u6qUelp6c&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Honestly, I don't care about this too much one way or the other, but I'm happy to argue about it! :D

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Meanwhile...

12519_10152175260149240_232925477_n.jpg

From a recent Planet Money post:
    EBay is fighting the bill. The company just sent out "tens of millions" of emails to its active U.S. sellers, asking them to fight the bill, the . The bill exempts businesses that have less than $1 million a year in sales. EBay wants the exemption to go up to $10 million a year.

So according to that unverified source, unless that woman (who looks remarkably like my sister) grosses $1M, then this poster is chicanery, pure and simple.

SecondhandSnake

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I suspect no amount of resistance will prevent this from passing. It's low hanging fruit for the government and another way to tax us to death.

There's not a thing in the world that will stop the government from passing something that will line their own pockets. They're salivating at more tax revenue.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    It's always "special interest" when it's the other guy. :rolleyes:

I fail to see the lack of representation. The one being taxed is YOU the resident, not the retailer. The retailer is simply being forced into doing the same thing a local retailer does - collect that tax and turn it over to the state.
    [\quote]

Did you read what you just typed? People who they (business owners) didn't vote for are forcing them to do something AND be subject to their jurisdiction....
    ]
    So, Prometheus, do you fill out that portion on your tax return for "use tax" on all your internet orders?

Honestly, I don't care about this too much one way or the other, but I'm happy to argue about it! :D
    Cute.

You mean am I one of the estimated .5% of Americans, including Hoosiers, who voluntarily have money stolen from them via bogus use taxes?

I obey all Constitutional laws.

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    Me personally, if it passes it will make a lot of people buy local. A lot of people buy online because it is tax free but still have to pay shipping so it almost evens out. If online sales are taxed then the incentive is gone. Amazon and EBay are the one who will lose out.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    From a recent Planet Money post:

So according to that unverified source, unless that woman (who looks remarkably like my sister) grosses $1M, then this poster is chicanery, pure and simple.

Assuming ANY exemption is placed in the bill, how long do you think that"loophole" will stock around?

Have you looked what the conservative websites say about this bill?

From privacy issues, taxation without representation... Then on the economic impact. It may drive barrys final nail in the US economy.

And yes when the onlypeople who are educated on the bill who still support it are Walmart and politicians, I'd definitely call that special interests.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Assuming ANY exemption is placed in the bill, how long do you think that"loophole" will stick around?
    I dunno...the home mortgage interest loophole seems to stick around without any real purpose.

Have you looked what the conservative websites say about this bill?
    I'm honestly not falling for this trap.

From privacy issues, taxation without representation... Then on the economic impact. It may drive barrys final nail in the US economy.
    ...or this one.

And yes when the only people who are educated on the bill who still support it are Walmart and politicians, I'd definitely call that special interests.
    ...and Amazon.

I just hate how the term "special interest" is used in such a derogatory way. Right now, it's all too often applied to the NRA and others that have our interest in mind.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Amazon is OK with it because their business model has changed. In the beginning they were an online retailer with only 2 warehouses (east and west coast) as such have to collect/pay state taxes where those warehouses were at for those customers. IIRC CA and VA.

Since then they have moved to more warehouses and their current plan is to have at least 1 warehouse in each state to be able to do same day or next day delivery. Thus with a physical presence in each state they are bound by the rules of a brick and mortar retail. So off course they want this. It's a way for them to ensure their competition dies by a dead of a thousand cuts.

Once again a business using the .gov to kill it's competition.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    I love how its called 'market fairness' ahh ha ha ha

What a ****in joke.

The market is being regulated to death. Im sure more regulation will help...

It die faster.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom