• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    IWI Tavor 7…. Any users here? Like and dislikes. Tell me what you think of it. Thanks!!
    I love mine, enough so that I'm thinking of getting a second in OD green. My biggest complaint is the weight but being a bullpup, at least most of the weight is close to your body. The design/weight makes for a pretty soft recoil impulse as well. The trigger is not bad, especially for a bullpup. Pretty similar to an (lightly) enhanced mil-spec AR trigger, IMO. If you reload, it doesn't mangle the brass or launch it into low orbit like other sa .308s.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Good to know thank you!! Ammo wise does it prefer 150’s or does it do well with 175’s accuracy wise?
    The only thing I've ran through it so far is cheap 150s and I haven't bothered to shoot it for groups yet. I just put a LPVO on, sighted it in, and have shot only steel/reactive targets since. I'll eventually try some different ammo and shoot groups but this is mostly a fun gun for me and I prefer to do most of my shooting away from a bench. I doubt I'll ever try 175s though, I just don't see the point for this type of rifle.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Refreshing this...... Anyone else own or shoot a 7?
    I've been thinking about adding one to my collection, I only have M1A's in 7.62x51 aka .308.
    Although I love them, I do own an SAR Tavor in 5.56. Was thinking of adding a 7 for a little more "punch" in a nice compact platform.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I have had my SAR with (16" barrel) since 2015.
    While the OEM trigger is not terrible, it leaves a lot to be desired. I popped in the Geissele Super Sabre and the Lightening bow. Definitely worth it IF you can find them on sale.
    (I got them on sale and the Lightening Bow was essentially free).

As others have mentioned, it is a heavy weapon. Very heavy compared to my AR platforms.

The one thing that no one has mentioned is the proximity of the ejection port. If you shoot suppressed, I would HIGHLY recommend that you get a "flow-through" design such as the HUXWRX (FKA: OSS). A standard baffle can results in some miserable "gas-face."

As for reliability: knock on wood but I have never had any FTF or FTE issue no matter what ammo I have fed it...and I don't keep it clean.

That said, if you reload .223/5.56, you may find the cases all end up with dents or D shaped mouths.
    (This ^^^ is my experience, YMMV.)

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I don't shoot suppressed or reload. Great info, I've had my SAR since 2012. Nice rifle, yes the trigger is horrible.
    Thanks for the input, my SAR is black, I do like the FDE or ODG both. If I buy a 7 or an X95 it will be in one of those colors.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have an ar10 that’s great but it only has a 16” barrel. If I weren’t so fond of it I’d get the Tavor 7 in a heartbeat. But 18” will be my minimum for my next 308 and the T7 doesn’t have one.

Just my preference, but I think I would buy a 20" T7 if I were to find a good deal. The 16” online are priced pretty attractive right now.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I have an ar10 that’s great but it only has a 16” barrel. If I weren’t so fond of it I’d get the Tavor 7 in a heartbeat. But 18” will be my minimum for my next 308 and the T7 doesn’t have one.

Just my preference, but I think I would buy a 20" T7 if I were to find a good deal. The 16” online are priced pretty attractive right now.
    There are some 20" Tavor 7s popping up online now for a few hundred more than the 16" versions.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I really like mine, and picked mine up around the time they were released. Mine is wearing a 3.5X Trijicon ACOG, and I changed the buttpad for a Manticore ARMS one. I like it so much, I replaced my SCAR with it.

Top Bottom