• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    I am looking at acquiring a Taurus in .357 from a guy at work for a measily 50 bucks. The gun doesn't work as it is having cylindar problems. Does Taurus warranties transfer over to different owners? Or should I just leave it alone?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I just looked all over their website, didn't see anything about non-transferable. On the other hand I didn't see where it said transferable either. Hmm.....guess I didn't really help ya here. Maybe someone with first hand experience who wasn't original owner of a Taurus had some warranty work done could chime in on this.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The price is right, but you will pay with high frustration. One thing to keep in mind, a trip (it'll be kinda long) does not guarentee it will be fixed. I sent a brand new one back 3 times and the last time it came home I sold it.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Buy it, for $50, you'll have $20 in overnight shipping, but when fixed you'll have a $300 gun for $70. Sounds like a good deal.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    For $50 it's worth buying. Taurus doesn't have a fast turn around time on warranty repairs (or any other for that matter) Don't know which gun it is but, if it's having problems with the cylinder locking up or binding, there is a mod for it thats an easy, do it yourself fix.

purduepurdy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    $20 who are you using?? fedex and ups both charge around 50

Had a buddy who had to send back his Taurus 1911, cost him $80 for the overnight shipping. Overnight shipping is the same for all pistols though. Least Taurus offers a no questions asked warranty. Have a 24/7 pro and 709 and love them. Cheap, yes, but they still work. I'd get it, keep it clean, and I doubt you'll have any major issues.

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    $20 or $50 for shipping??? You're nuts. Call Taurus and have them e-mail you a prepaid shipping label. That's how I sent mine back. It cost me a big fat 0 (Zero, zilch, nada, nothing.....) to return.

I just got mine back last Tuesday and it took roughly 3 and 1/2 weeks to get back....I am not completely sure they really fixed my issue though....If you can find a good gun smith, I'd say send it to that guy before going through Taurus....
    I'm going to skip sending mine back to them (again)and just have it modified by a reputable smith.....

and SERIOUSLY if you do send it back--DONT pay your own shipping. They will cover that. And as far as i know, they will repair ANY of their guns so long as you return it to them without modifications. The warranty is LIFETIME and it is my understanding it is regardless of owner.

Call them, though: 305 624 1115

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I am looking at acquiring a Taurus in .357 from a guy at work for a measily 50 bucks. The gun doesn't work as it is having cylindar problems. Does Taurus warranties transfer over to different owners? Or should I just leave it alone?

I think you should skip it, not worth it...But tell you buddy I will take it! :D

Son had to send his 24/7 back and had it returned to him in a week. He did't pay for shipping, FedEx came to the door and picked it up. Taurus Warranties are for the gun, not the owner.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Their warranty worked out great for me. About the same as your situation, I bought a used PT1911 for the right price, had problems, sent it in. Came back from Taurus (about a month)and has been flawless since. I'd go for it myself.:yesway: It did cost me $15, but I went through a FFL and they took care of the whole deal for me...it was worth it to me.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    $50 to $80 bucks is pretty salty for overnight shipping. When I sent a gun to them, they covered the shipping, since my gun was only a couple months old.

I've heard, they will only cover shipping on new guns, or new models, but I'm sure with some arm twisting, you could get it covered, on an old gun too.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Definitely buy it for that price. Even if it takes them a month to get the gun back to you, you're still getting a great deal. I've not had a problem out of any of my 4 Tauri; and I just bought another one two weeks ago! :p

I think a lot of the bad rep they have comes from a couple of years back; they're weren't as quality conscious ten or so years ago. They've stepped up their game a lot recently.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    $20 or $50 for shipping??? You're nuts. Call Taurus and have them e-mail you a prepaid shipping label. That's how I sent mine back. It cost me a big fat 0 (Zero, zilch, nada, nothing.....) to return.

I just got mine back last Tuesday and it took roughly 3 and 1/2 weeks to get back....I am not completely sure they really fixed my issue though....If you can find a good gun smith, I'd say send it to that guy before going through Taurus....
    I'm going to skip sending mine back to them (again)and just have it modified by a reputable smith.....

and SERIOUSLY if you do send it back--DONT pay your own shipping. They will cover that. And as far as i know, they will repair ANY of their guns so long as you return it to them without modifications. The warranty is LIFETIME and it is my understanding it is regardless of owner.

Call them, though: 305 624 1115
    if the gun is more than a year old they won't pay for return shipping. i tryed that

joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    Just dealt with Taruas on a magazine. They are sending a new mag now, and I am supposed to send back the busted one. Hopefully the new mag gets here before this weekend. If this guy with the xd9 agrees to meet me at the range saturday I may have an xd9 for a pt840. we'll see.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom