• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I've been looking at the Taurus TH10 handgun and I noticed that there were some who were having trouble with a stove pipe jam. Now some of them attributed to the more powerful Buffalo bore ammunition but I got to wondering if it may be nothing more than the magazine.

Years ago I bought a new Ruger 22, Mark four lite I believe and discovered that they had shipped the wrong magazines with it, so I called Ruger and they sent me the correct magazines.

One time when I went to the range I took both my Colt, Delta Elite and my 1911 A1 45 ACP. I had a bunch of loose ammo in my jacket pockets and proceeded to load up the magazines then I inserted it into my 1911A1 and drop the slide and to my amazement the cartridge slid down the barrel and on to the ground. I had mistakenly loaded 10 mm ammo in a 45 ACP magazine, when you hold them side by side you can tell the difference but if you just pick one up you have to look careful to be able to identify which one it is correctly.

Now to the point of this post. Could it possibly be that Taurus accidentally shipped 45 caliber magazines with a 10 mm handgun? The 10 mm cartridge is a little smaller diameter and in the magazine of a 45 ACP the nose would tend to stick up higher and this could possibly be causing the problem.

From what I heard in the videos I've watched they said that the magazines were not marked with any information.
    Does anyone have a TH-10 that they could check out and see if this might be the problem?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Lots of magazines out there with no calibers stamped on them.
    The first one that comes to mind are The Canadian built Para Ordinance pistols

Namely the P14 45acp, P16 40 s&e and the P18 9mm pistols.
    They all look the same.

Top Bottom