• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    I just bought a brand new Taurus Pt111 G2 for $215 plus tax. It seems to be a real nice gun for the money. I have not owned taurus semi-auto's before. Anyone care to share there experiences with this gun? I fired about 75 rounds and it seems to be accurate and function great so far.

Last edited:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Bought one for $200 + transfer from PSA 5-6 months ago. It is fine for a $200 gun....
    Couple of things to know, it seems to be sensitive to a proper grip. I have ran 8-9 mags through it with no problem. My wife however, can't get through a whole mag without a FTF.
    Second thing, the trigger SUCKS!!! You fire 5-6 mags through it and your finger is gonna hurt.
    But still, I bought it as an emergency truck gun, not a EDC. It works fine in that role.

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Yes the trigger is definately odd. It has a lot of takeup before it breaks. I had no jams accuracy seem to decline after 2 or 3 mags fired thru it. This was probably the shooter though

mannus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    I have over 250 rounds through mine w/ only 1 malfuction(FTE) and that was steel case ammo. Trigger has a long takeup but reset is very short. I found it to be soft shooting. I did add a trimmed Hogue Handall grip to it. The grip adds a little more real estate to hold on to and just fills my hand better. It is my work concealed EDC loaded w/ Hornady AG 124gr XTP +P. As with any tool, proficiency comes w/ training. This is my first Taurus purchase also.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've owned two of the polymer offerings from Taurus.
    First was a 24/7 OSS/DS in .45acp. Second was the Millennium Pro (Gen II) in .40S&W.

Both were functional and I experienced zero issues with either.
    That said, I sold both of them both because of that same TERRIBLE trigger.
    Longest take-up of any firearm I've ever seen.

I tried to like it. It just didn't work out.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I have one of the PT145s its ok as I didn't give much for it. Ive ran about 150rds through it and haven't had an issue. Still trying to figure out where to hold with it for a consistent shot but its not to bad. Fun to shoot out at the range but that's about as far as Id go with it. But overall seems to function great.

Strug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    West Indy
    I recently put 48 rounds through one at the range. No issues firing. I really liked the compact size, and it fits my hand well. The recoil was good. The trigger is odd as the take up is long and has zero resistance to it at all. The breaking point is really far back inside the trigger well. The placement of the mag release isn't ideal. As I fire the gun, my trigger finger hits the square edge of the mag release. I had to adjust where I place my finger on the trigger to avoid getting a blister. I think the mag release button needs to be filed down on the upper corner closest to the trigger. For $220, I could live with the long take up.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    The Taurus PT111 G2 trigger has a re-strike capability so if by chance the round does not fire you can try again, good/bad? That's up to you or you can rack the slide.
    It is also capable of DA/SA mode, that is, the first shot can be DA (double action) with the striker unloaded or the striker partially preloaded in SA (single action) mode.
    Mechanically this necessitates a long unloaded pull in SA mode, it cannot be helped.
    Now the advantage, in my view is that the firearm can be carried in a somewhat safer condition in DA mode if you do not want to disengage or fumble with the safety in
    the event that you need the firearm in a self defence situation.

The biggest gripe I had with the trigger was the trigger safety, it had a tendency to hang the trigger and keep it from firing if you didn't get your finger on it just right and that's not good in a defence or any other gun. So I super glued it in the disengaged position, it's not needed anyway, end of problem.
    Now the trigger also had some flashing on the mould separation line that irritated the finger so I smoothed that with a file and some emery paper, end of problem.
    I found the firearm to be a great little gun at a great price and I for one have no regrets in buying it.

Last edited:

PhxCollier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2017
    Indiana
    I bought one about a year ago, and I have about 1,000 rounds through it.

Pros - restrike / DA action. I use it with a laser cartridge to practice at home, so I don’t have to rack the slide between trigger pulls.

Cons - trigger, and I had to replace the mag release spring. Even firing strong hand only it would occasionally drop the mag. The spring was too week and already bent so it barely stayed in place. It was an easy fix, with a Glock mag spring cut down to size.

Good $200 gun

brentlacy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2018
    Rockville
    For the price, they are hard to beat. If you have issues with muzzle jump on hotter 115 loads, try 147gr through it. Tames them right down.

Top Bottom