• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • norsk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    My pt 24/7 is great. It was shooting low and right, so I adjusted the rear sight, but haven't got out to shoot it since. I have shot several hundred Winchester white box with no problem, but in one Remington UMC I have several misfeeds and stovepipes. I think it is a great gun, and no doubt a great value.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I was going to start a tread about these myself. I own a PT145 and have had it for about 8 months now. I love it. That much power in a gun that is smaller than a Glock 26, makes me love it. I also own a glock and love it so don't take this as a glock bashing statement. But I also bought this as my first carry gun because it had a manual safety, but not as many safeties as the XD. It was realtively cheap and I have only had one Failure to Feed which I am very lucky and happy that it happened. It was NOT the guns fault what so ever. My buddy gave me some .45 rounds and did not know that one of them had a cracked casing, It was hard to see but made the round a bad shape, I put it in my mag not knowing, it attempted to feed and thank god it did not. If it would have went in and I would have shot it, that could have been really bad. I LOVE MY PT145. Best investment ever. Only negative is lack of aftermarket sights. My .02 cents

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Taurus once had a very bad reputation. It seems to be improving somewhat. I have never heard a good experience with their customer service and have heard many bad experiences. I have heard of some good experiences with their .45 pistols. I have heard some bad experiences. I have disliked every Taurus I have shot (not a lot of them, but 100% dislike). Taurus trade in value is low compared to most other pistols.
    Here's a link to a good review and a bad review:
    Taurus PT1911 .45 pistol. One good review. One bad review. | The Firearm Blog
    Here are other short reviews of the PT145; some good, some bad.
    Taurus PT-145 Sub-Compact Pistol Reviews Forum and Reference Guide

My conclusion is to spend a little more on something else.
    Flame on.
    :moon:

Top Bottom