• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Copyright 2009 by James M. Floyd, Jr. All rights reserved.

Tactical Decision Games (TDG) are utilized by the military and public safety agencies as a low tech, yet effective, means of experiencing and discussing the practical application of decision making skills to situations.

Below is a TDG I created to stimulate your thinking. To participate, please read the TDG, and then make your decision, based only on the (intentionally limited) information provided, within 10 seconds. Then post a reply stating your decision and your rationale.

The goal of a TDG is not to seek "the only" or "the correct" answer but instead is intended to create a social learning environment, so please do not hesitate to participate.

Here is the scenario:

Evacuation

TIME: 2:35 a.m.

PLACE: Your residence

WEATHER: Foggy, 76 degrees Fahrenheit

LIGHTING: Night

SITUATION: You are a legally armed citizen asleep in your residence when there is a loud knock on your door. You look outside and see a marked police vehicle. You answer the door and an officer informs you that there has been a serious accident near your home involving a large release of hazardous materials. The officer further tells you it is essential for life safety to immediately evacuate and that it may be days before you can return. You have been given 5 minutes to gather belongings and evacuate everyone from your residence.

What is your selected course of action? Make a decision within the next 10 seconds.

Last edited:

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Well, I probably know the officer at my door, so I get the skinny (probably takes 1 minute)..

Grab my BOB from the closet (30 second)

Spend the next 3:30 trying to grab the cat and get him in his carrier, then jump in the car and head out..

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    At 2:30 in the morning, if I'm trying to get my kids up, it's going to take longer than 5 minutes.

Get my kids in the vehicle, the wife would be grabbing a few changes of clothes, I would be grabbing the guns. Set the alarm and head out the door.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Grab my BOB. Grab a couple of guns and ammo and make sure the rest are locked up (they usually are anyway unless I'm doing something with them). Toss them all in the back of the car while the wife gets my daughter into her seat.

Do a quick security check on the house (could be futile, but worth trying) then hit the road.

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    get dressed grab a duffel bag put some shirts, boxers, socks, in it, take my G19 which i already have due to the knocking, make sure i have my wallet and any cash in my house. If i still have time probably grab my other guns and the laptop.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    That's easy. Grab our handguns, grab our BOBs, get to preplanned evac point. Evac point will be our choice, not government facility.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Grab the BOB... run to the safe and empty the contents into my other bag. Toss them in the truck. Grab stored fuel and water from the garage and Bugout. To my BOL not where "they" want me to go.

Top Bottom