• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flick1900

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Troy, IN
    I own a tactical Remington 870, but would like to have a breech added to the end of the barrel. There is no choke on the end of the barrel. Is there a breech available that will fit? Thanks for your input.

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    Doing a quick search, it doesn't look good. Unless you have a barrel threaded for choke tubes, there isn't a good solid way to attach a door breacher. You'll need a new barrel. Unless you check again more closely and your barrel has the choke threads (I thought they all did?).

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I own a tactical Remington 870, but would like to have a breech added to the end of the barrel. There is no choke on the end of the barrel. Is there a breech available that will fit? Thanks for your input.
    There is a guy on INGO that will thread your barrel for $70 IIRC He is in the INDY area. I'm sure if you start a thread in the long guns section with the title need barrel threaded he will find you.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Remington has made several "tactical" models of it's 870, some with barrels to accept chokes, some with out. If yours does not have a threaded barrel to accept choke tubes, and a extended ported choke is a 'must have', you have a few options, have a gunsmith thread the barrel to accept choke tubes, buy another barrel and "breacher" choke, or sale your shotgun, put some extra money with it, and get the shotgun that you want, the latter probably being the most cost effective option.

Wow I type slow

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Typically 18" barrels for 870 are slug gun barrels. So they don't have threading and are choked usually to a modified pattern during the lathing process.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    This looks nice but says it will not fit remington due to front sight base. I don't know what your setup looks like but maybe you could make it work?

Mossberg 500 Muzzle Break

They list a bolt on door breacher called the "zombie thumper" for the 870 but for some reason it doesn't allow you to click on the link so maybe you could contact them.

Indycar:v1.1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Not close enuf to the track
    Buy a couple of 12 ga [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]frangible breachingshells and try them out a piece of plywood with a 2x6 backer.with the gun you have. I guarantee they will work fine. The breaching choke/brake is BS and for wannabe/poser/mall cop/neverwas'es. Be a man and suck it up. Use what you got, not what the "cool doods" think is invaluable!
    [/FONT]

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    OK, now that we've helped you with that, can I join your entry team? Which doors are we taking?

Maybe this needs to be in a separate thread, but why do we need a breacher at all? Can't we just aim at the proper distance? Or is it one of those things that you have to do with your gaze averted?

Top Bottom