• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    mods this may or may not be the right place for this.if not please do your thing.is there any interest in swords on this forum,have a friend who might part with some.not selling or trade at this time just feeling thing out

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Short answer is "yes."

I've seen folks on this subforum run the gamut from multi-thousand dollar antique katanas to cheap, wall hangers which are deadly - TO THE USER. (United Cutlery.) Interest has been shown in mat cutting practical blades (Chen) to hard use short sword for the zombies (Busse/Swamp Rat.)

Yes. There is probably a market here from antique to crap, traditional to "tactical."

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I am. I own a small accumulation of high quality repros from several historical periods. They range from an ancient Celtic 'leaf blade" short sword and Falcata, a Viking broadsword, two styles of scimitar (Persian and Turkish) and an English weapon from the "War of the Roses" period.

All are fully functional weapons, not "wall hanger" Fantasy/decor pieces. Most are of Italian manufacture ( Armi Antiche Del Tin) and a couple from Windlass Steelcrafts. Next on the agenda is a high quality reproduction daisho. I figure to have to spend circa $1700 for a truly well-made pair.

Also looking for a high quality replica Schiavona. If your friend has such an item, PM me.

Top Bottom