• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Meh.....switchblades and assisted openers are a bit over-rated IMHO, once I learned how to properly deploy an Emerson Waved knife, it is much faster than the above mentioned DEATH instruments.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Meh.....switchblades and assisted openers are a bit over-rated IMHO, once I learned how to properly deploy an Emerson Waved knife, it is much faster than the above mentioned DEATH instruments.

big craig, just carry it in your right side front pocket close to the outside seam of the pant leg. you'll play hell getting it out of your pocket WITHOUT it opening.

the assisted opening knives ARE NOT AUTOMATICS. you must start the blades movement on your own. they assist, not automatically open.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    One night on "the Tonight Show," Sammy Davis, Jr. saw Johnny get nipped by an animal (I think it was goat or something similar). Later in the show, Sammy said, "If that thing bit me, my knife would open automatically in my pocket."

:D

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    As for more dumb edged weapons laws in IN, what about the fact that "throwing stars" are illegal? I can legally own a short barreled, suppressed, machine gun, but not a friggin throwing star? That is just stupid.

I was thinking the same thing today... as I found the one I have that my dad bought me in Florida a decade and a half ago on vacation last night... I was thinking "I can carry this gun, but I can't carry that metal star, unless it's on a neck chain"

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    In indiana you can legally carry a switch blade if you only have one arm.

Wow! Holy resurrected threads!

IC 35-47-5-2
    Knife with blade that opens automatically or may be propelled
    Sec. 2. It is a Class B misdemeanor for a person to manufacture, possess, display, offer, sell, lend, give away, or purchase any knife with a blade that:
    (1) opens automatically; or
    (2) may be propelled;
    by hand pressure applied to a button, device containing gas, spring, or other device in the handle of the knife.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.70-2000, SEC.2.

I'm not sure I can see the exception in the statute for handicapped people. Do you have a link to something other than this?

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Psh. All you criminals and your dangerous weapons. I have no switchblades, throwing stars, or brass knuckles.

Only letter openers, necklace pendants, and paperweights for me.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Psh. All you criminals and your dangerous weapons. I have no switchblades, throwing stars, or brass knuckles.

Only letter openers, necklace pendants, and paperweights for me.

Ya I have a lot of 'moon' necklace pendants myself. I love the bling, what can I say?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

IC 35-47-5-2
    Sec. 2. It is a Class B misdemeanor for a person to manufacture, possess, display, offer, sell, lend, give away, or purchase any knife with a blade that:
    (2) may be propelled;
    by hand pressure applied to a button, device containing gas, spring, or other device in the handle of the knife.

I'm not sure I can see the exception in the statute for handicapped people. Do you have a link to something other than this?

Just Kirk's First Law of the Internet.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!

IC 35-47-5-2
    (2) may be propelled;

Seeing how the Kershaw is opened by a part of the BLADE this does not apply to them. I just bought one tonight for my daughter. It is the Leek.

Top Bottom