• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twr11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2016
    McCordsvilles
    Smith and Wesson 340pd air lite scandium j frame. Pocket Carry front right pocket, disappears at 12oz. I can wear about anything with this edc, shorts, jeans, cargo you name it. The air lite frame is amazing to carry, not so amazing when you shoot the hot 357 rounds. But I love it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My summer wear is light. I suffer during heat and humidity. So I stick to a LCP with a side clip for attaching to waistband or pocket, or simply pocket carry. No holster or anything to add bulk. I wear linen or upf sun shirts (like Columbia PFG although quality on those suck anymore so I've been getting PataGucci, Filson, and such lately) unbuttoned over a simple t shirt which would mostly cover OWB carry and serve you well in the sun.

No concern for that unprotected trigger?

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    I’m a fatty and don’t have any problem concealing a gun. Although I will admit that fluffy and IWB doesn’t work as well. I have gained 25 pounds and one waist size since covid and changing jobs 2 years ago. But with the right belt and holster even OWB is no problem with an untucked shirt.

I like polos. The ones with squared off bottoms look nicer and are intended for untucked look. You can also go the route off unbuttoned short sleeve over a tshirt. People make fun of the lightweight Eddie Bauer or Columbia travel vests but they do work.

Belts. We have had that discussion. Holsters OWB go with something that rides high. This might restrict you to a lighter or shorter pistol. But I carry my commander sized 1911 or Walther PPS year round. A Glock 26 or any of the sub 4” 9mms with a proper holster works well as an everyday belt gun.
    Unfortunately Florida is CC only, and I live in Palm Beach County which might as well be New York. You pretty much have to carry IWB, which is when the love handles come into play lol. I’ll carry OWB with the button up on occasion, but it’s usually not worth the potential hassle.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Ruger LC9s pocket carry in an Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster. I've done this method over 10 years now, winter and summer. It works for me.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So Summer in the South will soon be here, I am wanting stick with OWB carry on the weekends. My go to is ordinarily ankle carry but you know that’s not real discrete and well to be honest is really a fashion failure when wearing shorts. Just curious what you may have found that works well shirt wise that Is somewhat fashionable yet offers good concealment ?

When I am trying to be discreet, I might change from a 1911 to a Browning HP.

Generally speaking, I don't give a **** about the season.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Think I got the idea from here to wear a loose fitting fishing type shirt worn untucked. I'm not a big guy, 6' 170 lbs, but even a 1911 or a full sized 9mm disappears. Also the shirt wicks sweat and keeps off the sun for comfort. Just as important is a good holster that keeps things tight to your side.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Think I got the idea from here to wear a loose fitting fishing type shirt worn untucked. I'm not a big guy, 6' 170 lbs, but even a 1911 or a full sized 9mm disappears. Also the shirt wicks sweat and keeps off the sun for comfort. Just as important is a good holster that keeps things tight to your side.
    I've said before.....
    If I cut 30lbs, I could carry a 45 anywhere.
    And so the line is set.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I use my CTAC IWB and a loose t-shirt. I have pocket-carried a Smith 642 or Glock 43 in the past, but I got to a point a few years ago where I didn't want to carry guns that small anymore. So, I got a bunch or slightly oversize shirt so I could make the bigger guns work.

Best of luck to OP and everyone...summer is certainly my least favorite carry season...least favorite season all around.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    No concern for that unprotected trigger?
    absolutely. I definitely consider it, and take precautions. Such as when pocket carrying nothing else goes in that pocket, especially keys.

I also try to carry my snubby anytime I'm pocket carrying but those really hot days where I need to wear super light clothing it is just too heavy.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    When I am trying to be discreet, I might change from a 1911 to a Browning HP.

Generally speaking, I don't give a **** about the season.
    Agreed I maintain the same sidearm regardless. But my wife complains about my lack of fashion sense. I try to explain look you can’t have everything…And I do not have fashion sense and I am ok with that. Who knows maybe I can find a nice button down?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Unfortunately Florida is CC only, and I live in Palm Beach County which might as well be New York. You pretty much have to carry IWB, which is when the love handles come into play lol. I’ll carry OWB with the button up on occasion, but it’s usually not worth the potential hassle.
    Is that why there was so much blow back from DeSantis wanting to make Open Carry legal.

When we vacation there I have never had an issue.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Is that why there was so much blow back from DeSantis wanting to make Open Carry legal.

When we vacation there I have never had an issue.
    Probably. A lot of the state’s population is in Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties, which are predominately blue. Cubans are probably the only reason republicans win elections in Florida.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Was not really referring changing carry ie holster, or particular edc, but rather looking for some suggestions with regards to fashion.
    Sorry, not a direct response to your question. As to fashion, it is so fluid these days. I don't love always wearing untucked shirts, but it is what it is. If I have to dress up, like at church, I just wear a cover garment. Not as easy to do during the summer but I am a hot weather kind of guy so it works out.

Top Bottom