• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Bloomington
    Aright, i am in love with the Zero Tolerance 0300 and i even like the 0302 better. I like S30V blade on the 0302 and the feel of the G-10 scales on the grips, the only thing is that it is a little large and a little heavier than i am really wanting. I really want the spring assist like the 0302 has and i love Ken Onion's blade design. I just wish they made one that weighed a little less, i can deal with the size.

My current every day carry knife is a Kershaw Blackout, and it only weighs like 3 oz. or 3.6 oz. (i cant remember). But the ZT is 0300 is 8 oz. and the 0302 is 8.6! That seems like it would be alot. Is there anything similar in design and quality out there that weighs less than the ZT's. I want some of your guys' opinions. And if there is any of you out there that regularly pocket carry the ZT's let me know how it works for you.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    BUY IT!!!! seriously I own one and thought the same thing at first about it being too big but after you carry it for awhile it will start to seem almost small. if its really too big for you they have th 0200 which is smaller but doesn't have the speedsafe opening. oh and BUY IT!!! for the money you would be really hard pressed to find a more quality knife.

IMG_5501.jpg

IMG_5502.jpg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Bloomington
    Now are there any differences between your 0300 in the pictures there, and the 0302, besides the color and the blade camo? Because according to Zero Tolerance's website, the 0300 weighs .6 oz. lighter than the 0302. But I cant decide (if i do buy a ZT) which one to buy, the 0200, 0300 (like yours) or the 0302 in coyote brown.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    that knife is the same size as what you are looking into. the ZTs are EXCELLENT knives.

and after a few hours, you won't even notice the weight of the knife! which isn't too heavy at all.....

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Bloomington
    that knife is the same size as what you are looking into. the ZTs are EXCELLENT knives.

and after a few hours, you won't even notice the weight of the knife! which isn't too heavy at all.....

Cubby i havent forgotten about you! I have kinda worn out my Kershaw Blackout that i carry everyday, so i was looking into the ZT 0302 for an EDC. I was wondering if you were still producing those badboys that i have seen pictures of. I would still love a big fat tanto!

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Cubby i havent forgotten about you! I have kinda worn out my Kershaw Blackout that i carry everyday, so i was looking into the ZT 0302 for an EDC. I was wondering if you were still producing those badboys that i have seen pictures of. I would still love a big fat tanto!

oh, i got you written down! ;)

i did lose a bunch of pm's when the boxes got smaller... but luckily my backup pencil had written down your interest! :patriot:

"Tireburner Turner asked about Fatboy Tantos on XX-XX-XXXX. firefighter discount"

:cheers:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Bloomington
    oh, i got you written down! ;)

i did lose a bunch of pm's when the boxes got smaller... but luckily my backup pencil had written down your interest! :patriot:

"Tireburner Turner asked about Fatboy Tantos on XX-XX-XXXX. firefighter discount"

:cheers:

Alright cool man! I cant wait to see what you come up with. I love all of your stuff so i know this one wont be any different.

But as for my current investment, i am now kind of split between the Zero Tolerance 0300, and Kershaw's Tyrade. I kind of eliminated the ZT 0200 because its not assisted, but i like the looks of the Tyrade. I have never held either one of these knives, but according to the specs, the Tyrade is almost 2 oz lighter than the 0300. They are pretty much the same in price, so thats not really a factor in my decision, im just still kind of leaning towards the ZT 0300.

BUT i found a ZT 0350, which weighs 2 oz lighter than the 0300, and is slightly smaller, but has the S30V blade, and black G10 scales. I just wish they made it in coyote brown! I love the look of the 0300, coyote brown with tiger striped blade, but its $100 more than the 0350! So i think i just might get the 0350!.

Here is the ZT 0350...
    zerotoleranceassistsmallfrontplain.jpg

And here is the ZT 0300, the one i want, just a little heavy and $100 more than the 0350!
    kershawzerotolerance302front.jpg

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I'm telling you as a 0300 owner go big or go home, you really won't notice it after awhile. it's like buying a camaro in a v6 you should have got the v8.

Top Bottom