• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Looking to get the most quietness out of my new .22LR suppressor so I am looking for recommendations for a .22LR bolt action or lever action rifle. Needs to have a 1/2x28 threaded barrel as I want to use it as a suppressor host.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Ruger American Rimfire. Uses standard 10/22 mags and has a nice crisp and light trigger. Here's my grand son shooting mine suppressed. Go to 2m 29s to hear the CCI Quiet.
    (This was his first time shooting a rifle so his form isn't the best. He's cleaned it up a lot since then. LOL)
    Dan

[video=youtube_share;aw444AyMjxI]http://youtu.be/aw444AyMjxI?[/video]

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Ok so I could be completely wrong but I don't think you want to go with a lever action. As far as I know they are all tube fed. You would have to take the suppressor off every time you needed to reload it?

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    My GF recently acquired a Troy Landry Signature Savage Mark II FV-SR. It is a fine rifle with an adjustable trigger and threaded heavy target barrel. It will be suppressed one of these days.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Not much new to add here...
    except to ask why not semi-auto?

but back to the OP - Savage, Ruger American, CZ would all be great.
    Does Ruger make a take-down version of their bolt rifles? A lightweight, take-down, suppressor ready (in either bolt action or semi) would be a lot of fun. I know they were releasing - or have released - this in the 10/22 variety, but as a bolt action that would be awesome!

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    In answer to Throttle....not semi auto because:

1. Already have like 4 Ruger 10/22's and a M&P 15-22
    2. Trying to get the quietest .22LR rifle possible and semi-auto's won't cycle the bolt on the CCI quiets.

Porsche911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2015
    United States
    I have a bolt action Savage. Can't remember the exact model. I want to say it is a Mark II. Anyway, I think its my favorite gun. I put a Leupold scope on it. That with the the suppressor makes it a great gun to shoot. I would recommend getting some sub-sonic ammo to run though. My suppressor said I should only run sub-sonic. CCI makes some. I think Aguila does too. I'm sure there is others, so please don't beat me up.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    In answer to Throttle....not semi auto because:

1. Already have like 4 Ruger 10/22's and a M&P 15-22
    2. Trying to get the quietest .22LR rifle possible and semi-auto's won't cycle the bolt on the CCI quiets.
    You'll find a bolt to be extremely quiet with a suppressor and regular sub-sonics. I really don't know that you are gaining much by using the quiets with a suppressor.

Oh, I will throw out another vote for the FVSR. I love mine.
    Savage%20FVSR.jpg

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    MOst lever guns has a magazine tube under the barrell which will make is dificult to threat the barrell and attach a suppressor. I'm not saying it can't be done but I am saying it would be a lot more work to shorten teh Magazine and thread the barrell than to just threat the barrell on a bolt gun.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I was looking at the savage fvsr, BUT when I put it up to get a cheekweld, I was looking right down the rail, by the time I put a scope on it, I wouldn't be able to see without some kind of cheek pad on the stock, then I went and watched a youtube video and a guy still couldn't get a good position even with a cheek pad.

the consensus was to change either the basses, or buy a different stock

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    MOst lever guns has a magazine tube under the barrell which will make is dificult to threat the barrell and attach a suppressor. I'm not saying it can't be done but I am saying it would be a lot more work to shorten teh Magazine and thread the barrell than to just threat the barrell on a bolt gun.

the new henry has a short tube so it can be reloaded with the can on the rifle

View attachment 53245

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom