• ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    you guys are ALL fat a****.

what are you gonna do about that, fenway?

EDIT: purple, b/c i have never met most of you

I am not Fenway, but I will tell you WTF I am going to do about it! :xmad:

I am going to get my Fat A** out of my Lazy-Boy and get me some more Ho-Ho's and a Diet Mt Dew! What do you think about that Mr. Internet Bad A**!?

You got a Problem with that?

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Really. I mean REALLY. The student deserves to get suspended for being that dumb. The teacher prolly was fat ***. The school needs to be sued for suspending the student over a non-threatening facebook post. Any kid that dumb prolly did a whole lot of other dumb stuff they could have suspended him for....

elpenguin0717

Marksman
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    indy
    thats total bs and all these people getting in trouble over facebook stuff i just silly iv called a teacher worse things than a fat a$$ to their faces and was never suspended from school......mostly because my moms a lawyer but still i got away with it hahahaha but you should be able to say what ever you desire its the mouth that god gave to you aslong as your not threating to hurt somone no one should be able to doing anything to you for it.......sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.......its that simply no more or less complicated

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Really. I mean REALLY. The student deserves to get suspended for being that dumb. The teacher prolly was fat ***. The school needs to be sued for suspending the student over a non-threatening facebook post. Any kid that dumb prolly did a whole lot of other dumb stuff they could have suspended him for....
    Kinda what I think a lot but I'm normally not allowed to say when people raise hell at the school (I'm related to what seems like half the educators in Washington).

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I am not a teacher. I went to high school in the late 60s and graduated from IU in 73. I would probably have done something stupid like this prick kid had the technology been available to me. I would probably have regretted doing such an stupid thing once I matured a little. I still say that the teacher should have the right to rebut him without fear of any punishment. Make the little sucker look like the pig that he probably is. I do not know the cause and am not qualified to debate the matter. However, there is a general lack of respect in the world today that was definitely there when I was a young punk who knew everything.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    thats total bs and all these people getting in trouble over facebook stuff i just silly iv called a teacher worse things than a fat a$$ to their faces and was never suspended from school......mostly because my moms a lawyer but still i got away with it hahahaha but you should be able to say what ever you desire its the mouth that god gave to you aslong as your not threating to hurt somone no one should be able to doing anything to you for it.......sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.......its that simply no more or less complicated

You have the right to say whatever you want, to whomever you want. But that doesnt mean you wont face any consquenses.

Of course everyone talks crap about their teachers, but most are smart enough to not post it on the internet. He is a moron and deserves everything he gets.

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    I had a teacher get fired she call a kid a f*g and the teacher a d*ckhead and said she called to to have sex with some guy. The funny part the kid she called gay found it.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I think this is another example of public schools over-reaching. like administering drug tests and punishing kids for actions that take place outside of school.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I don't know if kids are any less respectful today than 20 or 200 years ago. I am 44 years old. I remember growing up, me and my friends had our teachers that we liked and that we didn't. But there was no way we would express these thoughts to them. We didn't have the internet and social networking sites etc. So if we wanted to vent we did it the old fashioned way, writing about them on bathroom walls, passing notes in class and telling your friends Ms. Smuckatelli is a nasty fat ass because she gave me a detention. Now with face book and my space what they say isn't as anonmyous, and it is clear who it came from.
    If the kid is not saying these things at school I don't think it is the schools place to discipline for the FB comments. I think it it is up to the parents.

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    The student and the ACLU will win this one. The Supreme Court gave students free speech rights in school as long as it did not materially and substantially disrupt the work and discipline of the school in Tinker v. Des Moines (1969). Since then there have been other Supreme Court cases circumvented Tinker in certain areas of speech. It allowed schools to directly prohibit speech containing (1) lewd speech (Bethel Sch. Dist. v. Fraiser); (2) illegal drug use (Morse v. Frederick); and (3) speech that bears the imprimatur of the school (Hazelwood Sch. Dist. v. Kulhmeier).

The Supreme Court has not yet ruled on speech outside of the school; however, there have been numerous district court and appellate court cases that have spoken on facebook postings. It depends on what district it is filed in, however, the persuasiveness of other rulings will more than likely allow this kid's speech outside of the school.

Before Tinker, students did not have free speech rights in school because the school was a quasi parent to the student. Notice any correlation between student behavior and the ability of students speech not being able to be restricted since 1969?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Free Speech or Suspension: Student Insults Teacher on Facebook
    15 year old student was suspended for calling a teacher a fat a** on a facebook post. Then after complaints from mom and the aclu suspension was lifted.
    Should students be disciplined at school for what they say away from school as long as they aren't threatening someone?

No, they should not. However, this kid will grow up believing that he can say or do anything he wants without repercussions. All I can say is, if it were my child, that teacher would have gotten an apology and my son would have had a swollen butt when I was done. On the other hand, what he said isn't even considered bad language anymore, and he probably hears that and worse at home every day. So, what more can be expected?

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    The Supreme Court has not yet ruled on speech outside of the school; however, there have been numerous district court and appellate court cases that have spoken on facebook postings. It depends on what district it is filed in, however, the persuasiveness of other rulings will more than likely allow this kid's speech outside of the school.
    Eh, somewhat. Morse v. Frederick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was at a school function though.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    There is a popular sentiment that children under 18 are not acutally people and do not have rights.

Not sure of whether they have/should have rights, however after raising two sons through the teen years, I will attest that at many times throughout those years THEY WERE NOT HUMAN.

Top Bottom