• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Even though I ordered LRB lowers long before the current deal, even after shipping and transfers I still saved between $20-30 each over local prices, and got something better.

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    how does the psa lower compare in quality to other manufacturers?

i read on their purchase page that this a new style of manufacturing for them. 100% computerized. obviously no one is too concerned about this with the ordeers being mentioned here and on ar 15 web.

have an ar10 and ar15 . am thinking about this for my first build, possibly in 6.5.....daryll

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

i read on their purchase page that this a new style of manufacturing for them. 100% computerized. obviously no one is too concerned about this with the ordeers being mentioned here and on ar 15 web.

have an ar10 and ar15 . am thinking about this for my first build, possibly in 6.5.....daryll

Maybe new for them, but I believe others have been fully automated for some time.

100% computerization, if set-up, calibrated, and maintained properly eliminates most potential production problems.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

I have a DPMS and 2 PSA lowers. When mine came in, the shop owner pulled out a couple Spikes lowers. The difference that we noticed was simply in the roll mark (which I honestly think the PSA looks better than Spikes and a couple others). The machining appears to be the same quality as the Spikes (I've got some machining background, CNC and manual...it looks good). I've seen on several boards that in 7/2011 people confirmed at the brick and mortar store that the lowers are made by Aero Precision. They do the Spikes lowers. I like the finish on the PSA more than the DPMS (but even the DPMS finish is nice).

Are you going to build the upper for the 6.5? I'm thinking about going that direction with one of mine. I've just started the researching phase as far as barrels and other parts. Would be interested in what you might be thinking for a build.

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville

Looks as good or better than any AR lower I have seen in person. Order with confidence!

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    I have a DPMS and 2 PSA lowers. When mine came in, the shop owner pulled out a couple Spikes lowers. The difference that we noticed was simply in the roll mark (which I honestly think the PSA looks better than Spikes and a couple others). The machining appears to be the same quality as the Spikes (I've got some machining background, CNC and manual...it looks good). I've seen on several boards that in 7/2011 people confirmed at the brick and mortar store that the lowers are made by Aero Precision. They do the Spikes lowers. I like the finish on the PSA more than the DPMS (but even the DPMS finish is nice).

Are you going to build the upper for the 6.5? I'm thinking about going that direction with one of mine. I've just started the researching phase as far as barrels and other parts. Would be interested in what you might be thinking for a build.

thanks for the replies. i'm not unfamiliar with machining, and am reasonably ignorant on ar's. thinking about getting into them a little more heavy now.

been shooting benchrest in centerfire and rimfire up till this year and got my 2 ar's. kinda interested in checking out the accuracy potential of them. read the 6.5 caliber is very accurate for long range and heard that either the grendel or creedmoor version will fit in ar 15 mag.

havent even started researching a build until i saw this post about the psa lowers. any recommendations will be helpful from others more familiar with this platform. thanks......daryll

Top Bottom