Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Indianapolis National Guard Armory
    3912 West Minnesota St- Indianapolis, Indiana
    EVENT TIMES:

Saturday 9am-5pm and Sunday 9am-3pm

TICKETS
    $6 Admission per day/ Kids 12 & Under are Free
    18 & Under must be accompanied by an adult.

FREE Parking

Food available offering breakfast and lunch.

ALL State and Federal Laws apply.

NO LOADED FIREARMS IN THE BUILDING

VENDORS:
    8' Tables are $50 each
    Electricity Included.
    All vendors are required to stay both days of the show.

DATES :

February 10 & 11, 2024

March 23 & 24, 2024

May 11 & 12, 2024

July 6 & 7, 2024

August 24 & 25, 2024

October 12 & 13, 2024

November 30 & 1, 2024

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I will be there, to see what ya got.
    Always need some 7.65 Browning (32)

Hopefully the whatever smoking up the large room and making my stomach upset won't be there.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Thats normal for that place, packed in there like sardines nutt to butt, while someone smokes up that room. (It was ether the snack bar that did the smoke, or the Kydex guy). That smoke makes my stomach turn.
    I’ll lay the tables out differently for the next show maybe it’ll help!

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    I need more ammo cans, some parts for my classic Stag lower, and maybe find a gem or two.
    I said I wasn’t goin but…

Double space the tables and open another room, 3!!! Although there are only a couple wheelchair guys that usually attend there are a handful more with canes, and who are a bit larger.
    I don’t usually mind, iv’e been navigating through these narrow aisle gunshows for over 4 decades.

But the look on the faces for guys who can’t get through a lane because of a disability is a bummer. Again there are not that many but there are some.
    When the Surplus 870,500 shotguns were stocked up the entire southside end of the show was on lockdown for one table, this also happens when you get 1 kid looking at a glock and 15 of his buddies are cheerleading him on to buy it… It will clog up a lane for 20min…just kiddn.

I guess whenever possible tell the gawkers to move aside and let ol Jed scoot on through

Last edited:

GraySmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2024
    Hancock County
    I used to set up at this venue. It was a "good enough" show until about seven or eight years ago when the new owner took it over, then it was a VERY different show. Lots of broke people who looked like they spent their last dime on admission to get into the show, but no money to spend once they got inside. Silly me, I brought OGC quality guns to a show being held on the west side of Indianapolis! I lost count of the times I had to tell guys to "please don't cycle the bolt, you'll will mar the jeweling down" {on a 1950s Browning Safari}. "Please don't turn the cylinder" {2nd generation Colt SAA near mint in the box} and the constant lever workers on my pre 1898 Winchester Models 1876 and 86. Not to mention the place looked like a casting call for a Tarzan movie. I cased up and left early. The promoter saw me and came over and said: "Don't come back". I told him not to do me any favors and laughed.

My take was this: If you have quality, collector grade arms, this is not the place for them. This is for common fare stuff and junk you want to dump. Nobody has any real money at this show, $500-$600 tops {not counting some dealers who do obviously}. I got spoiled doing shows in the south Florida area for twenty years where there is a healthy functioning economy and people have money to spend. Coming back to Indiana was an eye opener into just how bad things have gotten here. All the retirees from the closed down factories are well into their seventies and eighties now, and no longer are buying or even attending shows for the most part. It's sad from what I remember, but it is what it is as they say. I can't speak for the other shows in the area, but the Stout Field show is definitely a no-go for me.

Last edited:

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I used to set up at this venue. It was a "good enough" show until about seven or eight years ago when the new owner took it over, then it was a VERY different show. Lots of broke people who looked like they spent their last dime on admission to get into the show, but no money to spend once they got inside. Silly me, I brought OGC quality guns to a show being held on the west side of Indianapolis! I lost count of the times I had to tell guys to "please don't cycle the bolt, you'll will mar the jeweling down" {on a 1950s Browning Safari}. "Please don't turn the cylinder" {2nd generation Colt SAA near mint in the box} and the constant lever workers on my pre 1898 Winchester Models 1876 and 86. Not to mention the place looked like a casting call for a Tarzan movie. I cased up and left early. The promoter saw me and came over and said: "Don't come back". I told him not to do me any favors and laughed.

My take was this: If you have quality, collector grade arms, this is not the place for them. This is for common fare stuff and junk you want to dump. Nobody has any real money at this show, $500-$600 tops {not counting some dealers who do obviously}. I got spoiled doing shows in the south Florida area for twenty years where there is a healthy functioning economy and people have money to spend. Coming back to Indiana was an eye opener into just how bad things have gotten here. All the retirees from the closed down factories are well into their seventies and eighties now, and no longer are buying or even attending shows for the most part. It's sad from what I remember, but it is what it is as they say. I can't speak for the other shows in the area, but the Stout Field show is definitely a no-go for me.
    There have been several different promotors at that venue over the last 40 years. The one doing it now is the same promotor that was doing it up until 2001, when the military cancelled all the shows after 9/11 for awhile. There was at least one other promotor during the post-9/11 era for a few years.

The type of customers have definitely changed over the last few decades. You are correct that you don't see many of the older customers anymore. There are a lot of younger customers, and many of them will spend money on military surplus firearms and ammunition, but have no interest at all in non-military firearms (a product of the video game era). They typically bring LOTS of money to this show. They spend plenty if you have what they are looking for. Your experience may vary, but Stout Field is the second best show we set up at (second only to Crown Point). We have several regular customers at Stout Field.

7 or 8 years ago was a completely different era. Everything changed after COVID. Gun shows have also changed a lot in the last few years.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I guess at 59 (still 14 in my mind) I am the older customer now. I think it might have been around 9/11 when I last attended a show at stout field. I do miss breakfast at Mann's grill before or after attending the show.

That said it takes both a good deal and something I am interested in for my wallet to come out. I will pay more than I should for certain items but I have been attending shows since before the Indy 1500 even existed so I don't need much anymore all my basics are more than covered.

I attend many many shows a year and lots of my favorite tables might have something under them kinda held for me to see before it gets put out to the general public. Mainly older Pocket knives and 22 ammo boxes I might have yet.

I mainly go to take my dad out since driving for him has become less common. So quality family time and a gun show.

Next stout field make a post and we can meet at mann's and if I can walk afterwards we can walk the show.

GraySmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2024
    Hancock County
    There have been several different promotors at that venue over the last 40 years. The one doing it now is the same promotor that was doing it up until 2001, when the military cancelled all the shows after 9/11 for awhile. There was at least one other promotor during the post-9/11 era for a few years.

The type of customers have definitely changed over the last few decades. You are correct that you don't see many of the older customers anymore. There are a lot of younger customers, and many of them will spend money on military surplus firearms and ammunition, but have no interest at all in non-military firearms (a product of the video game era). They typically bring LOTS of money to this show. They spend plenty if you have what they are looking for. Your experience may vary, but Stout Field is the second best show we set up at (second only to Crown Point). We have several regular customers at Stout Field.

7 or 8 years ago was a completely different era. Everything changed after COVID. Gun shows have also changed a lot in the last few years.
    I guess your idea of what is "LOTS of money" and "spend plenty" are very different from mine. I didn't see them buying anything, regardless of what it was. They were "killing a day" by picking up vendors guns without even asking and playing with them like what you would see a ten year old do. I did see some "gangsta" looking types buying guns off paper. That's always comforting to see. No doubt most of them will turn up in some department's property room over time. I have a mix of very collectible antiques and C&R and some good hunting rifles. Guys hunt Florida year around, the difference between the shows down there and up here are as different as day is to night. Covid didn't effect anything. Of course, there are the guys who have played too many video games and watched too many shoot 'em up movies that are looking for the black guns, they seem to be everywhere. That's their thing, more power to 'em, just not mine at all. Everybody has their thing so to say. Mine is pre-plastic guns and stocks.

GraySmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2024
    Hancock County
    I guess at 59 (still 14 in my mind) I am the older customer now. I think it might have been around 9/11 when I last attended a show at stout field. I do miss breakfast at Mann's grill before or after attending the show.

That said it takes both a good deal and something I am interested in for my wallet to come out. I will pay more than I should for certain items but I have been attending shows since before the Indy 1500 even existed so I don't need much anymore all my basics are more than covered.

I attend many many shows a year and lots of my favorite tables might have something under them kinda held for me to see before it gets put out to the general public. Mainly older Pocket knives and 22 ammo boxes I might have yet.

I mainly go to take my dad out since driving for him has become less common. So quality family time and a gun show.

Next stout field make a post and we can meet at mann's and if I can walk afterwards we can walk the show.
    Mann's grill. My God, is that place still around? I remember when they were a 24/7/363 operation. The sisters that used to own it sold it after the foundry closed. They were already hurting after Allison on Tibbs sold to RR and half the workforce was let go. Bridgeport Brass and a couple of trucking outfits on Holt closed too. I was raised all around that area down to Rhodius Park, but that was a LONG, LONG time ago. Good old west side. Where once you heard hillbilly accents you now hear Spanish.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

I would say, if one doesn't want someone to cycle a bolt or cylinder for any reason like to check if its unloaded, works, trigger pull and so on, its time to get a bag of tie-raps to stop one from doing so.
    Or have them displayed so one cant just pick them up.

What do you mean with the Tarzan movie comment?

GraySmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2024
    Hancock County
    I would say, if one doesn't want someone to cycle a bolt or cylinder for any reason like to check if its unloaded, works, trigger pull and so on, its time to get a bag of tie-raps to stop one from doing so.
    Or have them displayed so one cant just pick them up.

What do you mean with the Tarzan movie comment?
    Zip ties are mandatory at most shows that I am aware of, and I use them. Thing is, a serious buyer {not that I had to worry about that!} will want to see the bore and the breech must be open so they can stick a bore light down through the throat. WHAT DO I MEAN BY THE TARZAN MOVIE COMMENT? I mean allot of primitive looking people. Now, step back, your in my "space".

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Zip ties are mandatory at most shows that I am aware of, and I use them. Thing is, a serious buyer {not that I had to worry about that!} will want to see the bore and the breech must be open so they can stick a bore light down through the throat. WHAT DO I MEAN BY THE TARZAN MOVIE COMMENT? I mean allot of primitive looking people. Now, step back, your in my "space".
    So if you used them how were the bolts cycled and cylinders turned?
    Who cut the tie-raps, you or the customer?

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    *you're

Top Bottom