• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    No derogatory comments here bud. I had the same safe, first with a Goldenrod, then with a Peet.

The Peet did better and I have the thermometer to prove it. Doesn't get any better than first hand knowledge.

And lookie there, no WATTAGE is even stated on the Amazon page, for the Peet or the goldenrod I had (which turns out was the 18" model).

Seems even simpler to me than the trigger safety discussion...

Try again, Creedmoor. I'm not wasting anymore time on this discussion.
    I didn't have any problems finding it, before I bought two of them.
    Another thing I learned here on INGO, that a larger heater produces more heat than a heater thats 35% smaller.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I didn't have any problems finding it, before I bought two of them.
    Another thing I learned here on INGO, that a larger heater produces more heat than a heater thats 35% smaller.
    Why would I spend the time looking up the wattage? It's $40, who cares? No way I'd put a longer golden rod in there...

So, to recap. I have an 18" golden rod heater that's not giving me the results I want at the new house and learned Peet makes a heater.

Hell, I even had a thread here (which prompted Creedmoor to buy a Peet heater), asking INGOs advice.

Why would I do any more research than that?

It's $40 and a day for it to arrive, and it works much better than the Golden rod. Turns out it's a larger wattage (can't tell that from my electric bill)

Can't make this stuff up, folks!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Why would I spend the time looking up the wattage? It's $40, who cares? No way I'd put a longer golden rod in there...

So, to recap. I have an 18" golden rod heater that's not giving me the results I want at the new house and learned Peet makes a heater.

Hell, I even had a thread here (which prompted Creedmoor to buy a Peet heater), asking INGOs advice.

Why would I do any more research than that?

It's $40 and a day for it to arrive, and it works much better than the Golden rod. Turns out it's a larger wattage (can't tell that from my electric bill)

Can't make this stuff up, folks!
    Why you ask? so you know that it will produce more heat that the one you already have.
    And I was interested at that, so I did my good consumer homework and then I ordered two.
    All I did with one vault is just double the wattage of heat in that vault. The other about 60% more heat.
    What would your thoughts be, If that Peet only produced exactly what the undersized Golden rod produced? LOL.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Why you ask? so you know that it will produce more heat that the one you already have.
    And I was interested at that, so I did my good consumer homework and then I ordered two.
    All I did with one vault is just double the wattage of heat in that vault. The other about 60% more heat.
    What would your thoughts be, If that Peet only produced exactly what the undersized Golden rod produced? LOL.

Return it to Amazon or buy a second Peet or a second Goldenrod.

It's a gun safe heater for $40 not exactly a big purchase. Why waste time researching it more than a quick post on ingo when I can click a button to order it and it arrives tomorrow (or maybe even that same day)....and I can return it for free if it doesn't work out...

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    It happens, Ive packed guns away for years and I do a good cleaning and two coat spray down with cosmoline with a carrier that evaporates out in a minute or two. Sometimes inside of a muzzle break or down in a corner in a set of front or rear sights I will find rust.
    Sometimes **** just happens.
    Yeah, its why i always like to put my guns in a bore stores or at the very least an alan silicon gun sock if its a long gun like my Mosin.

I checked my 92fs earlier after a night spent in the hard case in the safe and so far it seems to be doing alright.

I dunno why but i find it kinda neat to have at least one of my handguns kept in its factory box like its all together or something.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Return it to Amazon or buy a second Peet or a second Goldenrod.

It's a gun safe heater for $40 not exactly a big purchase. Why waste time researching it more than a quick post on ingo when I can click a button to order it and it arrives tomorrow (or maybe even that same day)....and I can return it for free if it doesn't work out...
    I refer you to Post #39...

gcoop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Indianapolis
    If you want to use a hardcase storage system in your safe, possibly try putting the handgun in a silicone impregnated gun sock then put a new fiber cloth between and around the handguns in the case to seperate everything like extra magazines. I have had very good results putting handguns in these gun socks and storing them on a pistol rack or in a safe door storage option.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    If you want to use a hardcase storage system in your safe, possibly try putting the handgun in a silicone impregnated gun sock then put a new fiber cloth between and around the handguns in the case to seperate everything like extra magazines. I have had very good results putting handguns in these gun socks and storing them on a pistol rack or in a safe door storage option.
    I do that with all my guns but im making extra room by stacking my extra pistol in its case on a shelf with other stuff that frees up space on the other.

The bore stores pouch *which i highly recommend* or any sock like Allan for that matter won't fit the gun and in the hardcase at the same time that i have tried.

Top Bottom