• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    For all you people crying that you can't get pmags, AR's or AK's, what was stopping you from stocking up last week or maybe for the last 4 years. Every other post on here is someone whining about how they can't get this mag or that AR. It shows a complete lack of planning on your part. I don't feel angry at retailers for marking their stuff up now to capitalize on the unprepared.

Rant off.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I kinda agree, I kinda don't. If these people had the money, and just "put it off," I concur. However, with this economy, many don't have the cash to buy in bulk.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    For the last year pmags have been $12 a piece. If they bought one a week they would have 52 pmags. More than enough to get by and maybe sell a few. So the whole I can't buy in bulk doesn't fly.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    For all you people crying that you can't get pmags, AR's or AK's, what was stopping you from stocking up last week or maybe for the last 4 years. Every other post on here is someone whining about how they can't get this mag or that AR. It shows a complete lack of planning on your part. I don't feel angry at retailers for marking their stuff up now to capitalize on the unprepared.

Rant off.

Exactly, plus you can always get more off the bodies.

StorminJason

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Bloomington
    I was lucky

So, I'm one of the lucky people that got some PMAGs....10 pack from national gun supply. I just can't really tell if they're gen 2 or gen 3. They're definitely new enough that they have an NSN, but the little stop block that keeps the magazine from going in too far doesn't seem that big. Therefore, I think they're gen 2.

Can someone weigh both a M2 and an M3 and tell me what they weigh in ounces? My bag is pretty unmarked except for the NSN. I'm also open to other ideas. (I've never owned a Gen 3)

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I agree, but don't find it necessary to salt others' wounds.

Maybe they'll slip on the ice and you can kick them in the ribs while they try to get up?

I'll laugh too, when stories of peoples' over burdened attics come crashing down.

Hemicharger you've been around the gun folks probably longer than I, you seem surprised at this collective reaction. I find the gun owning collective kind of dim - as I am including myself in this collective - but it's still dim.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008

Rant off.
    So you don't have a problem with CTD charging $60 for a $12 mag? $900 for $200 ammo?

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    There is no way one could have predicted the specific CT school shooting, but with the re-election of Obama everyone should have known a ban would be proposed in 2013. Democrats told us they would go for one.

Last month you could buy 1,000 rds. of 62 gr. Lake City 5.56 NATO for $380, and less for other brands. Why weren't you buying it then instead of crying now because it is $900?

If you ask me, there will not be a new AWB, although there will be heavy pressure for one. But that will die down before some of our spineless congresscritters have to vote on it. It will never pass the House, that's for sure. You'll just have to wait it out a bit.

In the meantime, this panic will cause there to be tens of thousands of new gun owners and carry license holders. That in itself is a good thing. Too bad some will get gouged on prices, but as Dave Ramsey says, that's the stupid tax we sometimes have to pay to learn a lesson.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...

Rant off.

Don't you work for a gunshop though? :rolleyes:

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    In my case, I've been collecting what I thought I needed for a few
    years. As for the people that said "It will never happen" , sucks to
    be you.
    What's really amazing are the prices for remaining inventory, guns, ammo
    etc. Most late buyers are getting raped. Good luck to all!

:ingo::patriot:

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    So you don't have a problem with CTD charging $60 for a $12 mag? $900 for $200 ammo?

Nope. With the threat of some sort of AWB since Obama got elected, that should have prompted gun owners to stock up. We all knew this day was coming, we just didn't know exactly when. To start trying to stock up now and crying about no availability or high prices is kind of irresponsible and is nobody's fault but to the unprepared.
    I wish I could count how many times I've told people to stock up in the past but they blew me off or accused me of just trying to make a sale. Well, here we are folks, get used to it

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    EXACTLY! Well, except for the price gouging part. The same people whining the most are the people causing the problem! If people would stop acting like idiots and stop buying everything at any cost things will settle down and the prices will stabilize. I lived through it in 94' and several elections since then. ;)

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    EXACTLY! Well, except for the price gouging part. The same people whining the most are the people causing the problem! If people would stop acting like idiots and stop buying everything at any cost things will settle down and the prices will stabilize. I lived through it in 94' and several elections since then. ;)

A f***ing MEN!! Tried to give you rep but it wouldn't let me. And how many PMAGs does someone need??! I have enough mags for my ARs. I don't have a 100 but just enough. I ordered my stuff ahead of time and spent the extra coin before all this happened. I'm sure I could cash in and sell off some of my lower-end ARs, but I don't need the money so I will just enjoy them. Now I have all the idiots panicking and driving up prices. Thanks.

Top Bottom