• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I picked up a soldering iron a few hours ago and started on my Glock knife. Ive done 3 rows so far. Row one is closest to the blade, second is in the middle and third row is obviously at the end. Row one was the my first attempt. The stippling is rather big, not all that bad but could be better. The second row is smaller stippling and I think I like this one the best. I could slow down and make it a little nicer on my gun though. The third row is the smallest stippling. Here's what it looks like...

DSC01801.jpg

DSC01802.jpg

DSC01803.jpg

DSC01806.jpg

DSC01811.jpg

DSC01814.jpg

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Well here is the finished product. Remember this was my first time, the stippling got progressivly better (crappy, not as crappy, crappy again, good) It's not pretty but I am very happy with it! I need to practice a little more then I'll be ready to attack my gun.

DSC01822.jpg

DSC01823.jpg

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I've tried stippling on other plastics but they don't react like polymer does. I tried it on my synthetic shotgun stock in a out of sight area and didn't like the results. I also stippled a Glock mag base and found out that it is not polymer. When you stipple non-polymer you can feel the plastic sizzle and bubble throught the iron. Since I already started on the mag base I went ahead and finished it. Its pretty rough feeling. I'm trying to get another Glock knife to practice on some more but if I can't get one soon I'm just going to do my gun.. Anyone want to volunteer their polymer piece to be my first?!?!

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I just wanna know one thing.....................how did you get the miniature baby balanced on the end of the blade?

DSC01811.jpg
    If I told you I'd have to kill ya...

After stippling my G22, I have to retract my statment I made earlier about Glock mag floorplates not being polymer. They are, they are the same as the Glock pistols. The Glock knife is made of a different kind of polymer I guess. When you stipple a pistol you can hear and feel a sizzling. When you stipple the knife, you hear and feel nothin... Stippling the knife is similar to taking a hot knife to a stick of butter. From the pics you can see how it looks kind of gooey. I like the pistol polymer better than the knife when it comes to stippling.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Kinda mind-numbing sittting there just trying to gauge the distance and burn the correct depth,ain't it? I think I would go nuts or stir-crazy!!:nuts:

Top Bottom