• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sfrye5853

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Indianapolis, IN
    So, my son is getting his LTCH and wants to start by carrying an LCP. He slender built and wears slim fitting clothes. He wants to conceal as much as possible but doesn't want to pocket carry. Has anyone used a Sticky Holster in their waistband or is that just asking for issues?

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I have a couple of sticky holsters and love them. I carry an XDM and an XDE and haven't had any issues to speak of. They are much more comfortable than my Alien gear 3.0. The friction grip works well enough you can get buy without a belt, but I would still recommend one.

The main drawback is for reholstering. You just can't do it. You have to remove the holster, stick the gun back in it, and then place the holster back where you want it.

Either way, it is cheap so if he buys it and hates it, he isn't out much.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I have used this to CC an LCP for at least 5 years.

covertcarrier.com - Home

I can use it inside the waistband around 12:30 - 13:00 or use it to pocket carry, which I tend to do more often.

Either way is comfortable.

The LCP goes along for the ride as a BUG (and sometimes a primary) at least five days a week. My first one wore out... replaced it about 9 months ago.

Chances are he will end up trying a couple of options until he finds what works best for him personally.

Good luck!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    This is probably one of those “to each their own” situations, but IMO, no one serious about carrying uses them. I’m not an advocate of pocket carry, but I’d go that route in a quality pocket holster over stuffing a sticky in your waistband.

Real advice for your son... pick a better defensive pistol and carry it in a real holster on a quality belt. Dress around it and get some training.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    @bigred If I'm seeing the product from your link correctly, it has nothing to cover the trigger guard. That would be a non-starter for me.

On an LCP, the "heavy" trigger pull serves as the safety. I have always been comfortable with it. I understand some are not comfortable with it.

Note: I know you mentioned your son is not wanting to pocket carry, but IF one does it is important to remember to NEVER have anything else in that pocket.... even if using a device that covers the trigger.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    This is probably one of those “to each their own” situations, but IMO, no one serious about carrying uses them. I’m not an advocate of pocket carry, but I’d go that route in a quality pocket holster over stuffing a sticky in your waistband.

Real advice for your son... pick a better defensive pistol and carry it in a real holster on a quality belt. Dress around it and get some training.

I think I saw someplace on here that somebody is running a special on Bullhide Belts. I cannot say enough good about having a quality, heavy belt like that for carrying. Even "full size metal guns" such as a 1911 are an easy carry with the right belt and the right holster.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

In real Holsters, not some cheap lazy man’s gimmick holster.

AWESOME! Thanks. I feel like such a winner now.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

Guns go on belts :twocents:

In real Holsters, not some cheap lazy man’s gimmick holster.

Somebody teach me how to multi quote so I can quote chezuki and Vigilant.
    All of this is good advice.

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I carried a Glock 27 in mine AIWB. I'd make sure he uses a belt to ensure consistent force to keep it in place. I wouldn't want to have to run without a belt. I'll be getting a hybrid once I decide on my new carry gun. Agree that you must take greater care when reholstering and it is a 2-handed job.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I carried a Glock 27 in mine AIWB. I'd make sure he uses a belt to ensure consistent force to keep it in place. I wouldn't want to have to run without a belt. I'll be getting a hybrid once I decide on my new carry gun. Agree that you must take greater care when reholstering and it is a 2-handed job.
    Buying a real holster helps with all those problems, a bag made of flypaper is still just a bag made of flypaper!

Sfrye5853

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Indianapolis, IN
    Note: I know you mentioned your son is not wanting to pocket carry, but IF one does it is important to remember to NEVER have anything else in that pocket.... even if using a device that covers the trigger.

100% agree. I had to preach this to my dad for a while when he started to pocket carry his LCP.

Sfrye5853

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm taking him to the USCCA Concealed Carry Expo in Louisville in April and hope to find him a holster/belt combo that he is comfortable with. The good new is, he won't be ready to carry until then anyway, so it should work out.

Top Bottom