• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowling_R

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Guilford
    Went out today with my brother in-law to shoot his new Steyr and all I can say is WOW.
    I am totally impressed with this gun, compared against my Glock 22 it feels like your shooting a 9 instead of a 40, sights took a little getting used to, but over all great gun with a modest price.

And something else I noticed, I really need to get some after market sights for the Glock... does anyone else find it difficult to keep good groups with the factory plastic junk??
    My eyes keep getting distracted by the HUGE white fat U on the rear sight.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    never shot a steyr but i definately can say i despise factory glock sights. All of my glocks are fitted with either trijicon or meprolight.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bowling,

That's cool I am very glad that you & your brother discovered a handgun that you both really liked!

Personally I don't care for Steyr's triangle sights but I suppose if I took the time to get used to them they'd work just fine, other than that they do seem like really nice weapons.

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    Went out today with my brother in-law to shoot his new Steyr and all I can say is WOW.
    I am totally impressed with this gun, compared against my Glock 22 it feels like your shooting a 9 instead of a 40, sights took a little getting used to, but over all great gun with a modest price.

And something else I noticed, I really need to get some after market sights for the Glock... does anyone else find it difficult to keep good groups with the factory plastic junk??
    My eyes keep getting distracted by the HUGE white fat U on the rear sight.

SHHH!!! They are all mine! all for me! You're soppose to tell people they are junk and stay away as I slowly build my armory.
    :D

359776087.jpg

359776227.jpg

359776230.jpg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I rather enjoy my M9-A1 as well!

Did you guys have any ejection issues with the .40?

I guess it's rather common for these pistols to suffer from a sticky extractor due to dried-up factory gunk gumming up the works.

A simple extractor removal and clean out is usually all that's needed.

My first range trip of 100 rounds saw only 1 ejection problem. 2nd trip saw about 10 out of 150 rds.

I haven't been back out since I removed the extractor and cleaned its' resting spot.

-J-

Gritch

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Portage
    I have an M40 that I bought from CDNN. First thing I did with it when I got it home was to do a complete tear down and cleaning. Who knows how long they sat on the shelves there. I have yet to have a failure to fire or eject. If you own an M40 or M9 you should contact Jeff Reece at SAI to have him send you one of the new style extractors that are supposed to eliminate that problem.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I just got one myself, and without even shooting it I can say I like it. Fits my hand like it was made for it, with excellent weight and balance. Everything is nice and tight, not a rattle to be heard.

I'm a big fan of Glocks, but I gotta say...this is everything I ever wished I could change about my favorite pistols.....

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Has anyone seen an M40-A1 with the safety that came on the older style M40? They do make it that way. I've got an older one and love it but would buy the A1 if I could get that safety.

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    Has anyone seen an M40-A1 with the safety that came on the older style M40? They do make it that way. I've got an older one and love it but would buy the A1 if I could get that safety.

Steyr decided the US market didn't like the added saftey and for some reason sent all the ones comming here without them.

Foreign countries have them, but as far as one being imported, I have yet to see one.

Top Bottom