Step by Step Guide: How to Steal, Lie, and Get Off the Hook.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    From the folks who brought you the instructional video How to Manufacture Probable Cause comes a followup How to Steal, Lie, and Get Off the Hook.

Man Loses $22,000 In New 'Policing For Profit' Case - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

Folks, this is appalling. The conversation with neck tattooed law enforcer is simply surreal. Be careful out there and remember, law enforcers are not to be spoken to under any circumstances. That is your best shot at making it home safely with your property and person intact.

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Did you guys hear the part about waiving rights to sue? The state knows its wrong and they are making sure hes not going to hit them hard.

END THE WAR AGAINST US CITIZENS!!! END THE DRUG WAR!

Lupin3rd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I usually go out of my way to use the word "cop" to refer to police because it is a much more accurate name since cop means to snatch. I think I'm going to start referring to cops as state pastry subsidies.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    This is so ridiculous. I wonder how many other states have similar policies as TN.

Did neck boy actually say when asked if he confiscated the money without evidence that the driver didn't have any evidence to prove it wasn't being used for drugs? :n00b: I thought burden of proof fell to the officer/prosecution not the defendant.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Hmmm....

MY copy of the constitution of the United States of America says:

"...nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation." - Amendment V, US Constitution

This garbage of STEALING people's money and property without ANY proof it was ill gotten gain from illegal activity is another example of the criminal activity our government commits against us.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    nothing illegal in here sir/ma'am. No, I do not consent to a search. Am I being detained? Am I free to go?

I hope I have the fortitude to say ONLY the above if I'm ever in one of these situations. Sometimes muscle memory takes over and one wants to be "helpful" due to officer safety and all. Stay strong and remember your rights! They will exploit your nervousness/fear of ticket, or whatever. don't forget your recorder on your phone.

HCRMPD1

Marksman
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Shelbyville
    level.eleven:

As a police officer and veteran of the American Armed Forces I am also appauled by the actions revealed in this news report. I would however, ask that you refrain from placing everyone who wears a badge as a criminal or bad individual.

As for forfeitures, Indiana also allows for these to occur; however, Indiana is much more strict on how and when it can occur. Indiana also dictates how that money can be spent. As an example: Indiana police officers are required to prove by a preponderance of the evidence that the money being possessed was actually used for the purchase or was gained by the sale of controlled substances. The police department only gets to keep that amount of money that it gained from the investigation (i.e.: if they confiscated $10,000.00 and it cost the police agency $2,000.00 for the investigation then the only get $2,000.00), the rest of the money then goes to the school district when the police agency is located.

The only other way, in Indiana, for law enforcement to get a forfeiture is through the Federal Judicial system, and that is equally as difficult.

I, as well, could not believe that they could use something from that long ago to establish anything more than suspicion - but that is Tennessee. Additionally, that officer is doing what he has been directed to do. I am not saying that it is right, I am just saying that he is enforcing or seizing that which the Tennessee state law allows or mandates him to do.

I guess an analogy would be that every factory worker that built either a Ford, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Toyota, etc is a crook because of his wages or because (insert person here) bought one and had problems with it.

Maybe I am asking too much, but just a little civility towards catagorizing all based on the actions of one.

Top Bottom