• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    anyone use a holster that attaches to steering column? i see some with clips but i need one that straps the holster on. there was a booth at the nra convention but i cant remember the name of the company up there. any suggestions on one?

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I mounted a holster on the side of the center console next to my knee and use a car dedicated car gun for it and in my SUV I use a Gum Creek with the clips.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    For a second I read this and thought steering wheel holsters, and had a funny image of a revolver imprint on someone's forehead after a fender bender.

That is all.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I mounted a holster on the side of the center console next to my knee and use a car dedicated car gun for it and in my SUV I use a Gum Creek with the clips.

This ^^^

Only difference is I don't have a dedicated car gun, I simply got a left handed Blackhawk serpa that fits my favorite EDC and mounted it there.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If I may...A couple just off the top of my head:

--Extra handling of the firearm.
    --If, for some reason, you should have to leave the car quickly, the gun in the off body location might get left behind.

I hardly handle my car gun at all except to unload it and take it to the range. It stays in an IWB holster in my console.

If I leave quickly, slowly, or any way, the gun does get left behind (and doors locked) unless I feel I need to carry it with me. Then I either slip it in my pocket or clip it in my pants. About the only time I do this is if I'm getting gas in a rough neighborhood.

I get where you're coming from, GFGT. You're talking more about unholstering/holstering a carry gun to put in the car. The post I was replying to made the blanket statement that car guns were bad.

I'm glad that I don't carry often, because when I have to drive while IWB carrying, A) it's very uncomfortable, and B) my gun is not quickly accessible.

abuckle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    On long trips I can see why bolstering your gun on a column or somewhere easily accessible (not in your lap as a police office friend of mine found when he pulled a guy over). But keeping a gun dedicated in your car I would not recommend either.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom