• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Bloomington
    Ok so I am strongly looking at the stealth arms platypus. Who here has one or has shot one? I've looked to see if there has been any reported issues with them and have found nothing the last I looked. There are only two people on YouTube that have any content on them. So let's hear it from the peanut gallery what do you goes think of them? Thanks
    Just received mine today. It is every bit as good as I thought it would be. I was worried about the grip being too wide for me and my small hands the rip is perfect!

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    Just received mine today. It is every bit as good as I thought it would be. I was worried about the grip being too wide for me and my small hands the rip is perfect!
    Curious, were you watching the order tracker? I’ve read on another forum that an order status said “prepping for paint” and then the shipping notice was received next day.

I ordered 4/13 and mine has been at the prepped for paint stage for an almost 2 weeks.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Curious, were you watching the order tracker? I’ve read on another forum that an order status said “prepping for paint” and then the shipping notice was received next day.

I ordered 4/13 and mine has been at the prepped for paint stage for an almost 2 weeks.
    I ordered 4-18 and mine has been "parts staged" for two weeks.. Website said 11-13 weeks when I ordered but it appears they have gotten a little behind.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I ordered 4-18, picked it up at Parabellum today.. Short range session and I am stunned with the quality and engineering in this piece. I'm hard pressed to believe that a Staccato is any better or even as good as what I've experienced with the Platypus. Outside the box optic mount and rear back up sight and the whole thing just screams quality and reliability.
    First shot down range after the optic was sighted in (7 yards)

Attachments

• 20230802_151453(1).jpg
      20230802_151453(1).jpg
      589.9 KB · Views: 21
    • 20230802_152805(1).jpg
      20230802_152805(1).jpg
      415.3 KB · Views: 21

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    I ordered 4-18, picked it up at Parabellum today.. Short range session and I am stunned with the quality and engineering in this piece. I'm hard pressed to believe that a Staccato is any better or even as good as what I've experienced with the Platypus. Outside the box optic mount and rear back up sight and the whole thing just screams quality and reliability.
    First shot down range after the optic was sighted in (7 yards)
    Which optic do you have? I’m shopping around for mine.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Is the 507k the smaller RDS compared to the 507c? Or is it better in some way?
    Different footprint I believe. Think the C is based on RMR footprint. The K is based on the Shield RMS/SMS footprint I believe.

Typically from what I have seen RMR is for the wider slide guns, while the Shield RMS/SMS footprint is geared more to the thinner (365 for example) slides

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I must admit when I saw a firearm named platypus I just had to look and see!!!! An odd name….. a good looking pistol. But yeah a weird name!!! The fact they utilize the Glock mags I see as a plus…. Say what you will about Glock but they run. And that’s not me being a fanboy I don’t even own one anymore. I do wish they made them in 10mm or 45acp…..

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I must admit when I saw a firearm named platypus I just had to look and see!!!! An odd name….. a good looking pistol. But yeah a weird name!!! The fact they utilize the Glock mags I see as a plus…. Say what you will about Glock but they run. And that’s not me being a fanboy I don’t even own one anymore. I do wish they made them in 10mm or 45acp…..
    That seems to be a recurring problem with the 2011 guns, reasonably priced, reliable magazines. Exactly why the gun was built around Glock 17 mags, they are reasonable and proven reliable.

cavallo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    I came across the platypus on the Internet just a couple days ago and was really impressed with what I found about it. Of course the product builder is way too fun to play with. I've never dropped that much on a gun and don't know that I would/will but I admit it is still speaking to me.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I came across the platypus on the Internet just a couple days ago and was really impressed with what I found about it. Of course the product builder is way too fun to play with. I've never dropped that much on a gun and don't know that I would/will but I admit it is still speaking to me.
    Just dont go fondle one. They are VERY nice.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom