0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    "On Friday, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration ruled that marijuana has no accepted medical use and should remain classified as a highly dangerous drug like heroin."

Lovely, a royal decree from a Federal bureaucracy trying to protect its own theft of taxpayer dollars. Marijuana=Heroin, really??? Ladies and gentleman, your Federal Government is lying to you yet again.

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    This is Indiana where you cann't buy a 6 pack on Sunday, wheels turn very slowly or not at all. Until this goes on the ballot for the public to vote on we will only hear how bad it is and that all drug users started with the deamon weed. I wonder how many drank milk before trying marijuana, most likely all, so why is milk not concidered a gateway drug? It certainly has chemicals added to it and the cows that produce it.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I'll jump into this potential debate. As a medical professional, I personally believe that THC should be a Schedule II drug, as it does have some limited medical uses. Patients going through Chemotherapy as well as Radiation-therapy patients have admitted to me numerous times that they use MJ to help with the sickness. Do I think it should be legalized and regulated similar to alcohol? I don't really have an opinion as long as they regulate it well. I have no issues with people getting doing it in the privacy of their own home as long as they aren't going to work/driving/whatever under the influence. I don't agree or disagree with it's use, I just know that it's not for me, and don't like to be around it. I am friends with people who partake in it, and that is their business as far as I am concerned.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    This is Indiana where you cann't buy a 6 pack on Sunday,

That issue is no longer about morality. The small liquor shop owners don't want to do business on sundays and compete with larger retail stores to sell cold beer. The liquor stores lobbied against a bill that would have legalized sunday sales.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    "On Friday, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration ruled that marijuana has no accepted medical use and should remain classified as a highly dangerous drug like heroin."

Lovely, a royal decree from a Federal bureaucracy trying to protect its own theft of taxpayer dollars. Marijuana=Heroin, really??? Ladies and gentleman, your Federal Government is lying to you yet again.

I do love the word "ruled" coming from an appointed official.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'll jump into this potential debate. As a medical professional, I personally believe that THC should be a Schedule II drug, as it does have some limited medical uses. Patients going through Chemotherapy as well as Radiation-therapy patients have admitted to me numerous times that they use MJ to help with the sickness. Do I think it should be legalized and regulated similar to alcohol? I don't really have an opinion as long as they regulate it well. I have no issues with people getting doing it in the privacy of their own home as long as they aren't going to work/driving/whatever under the influence. I don't agree or disagree with it's use, I just know that it's not for me, and don't like to be around it. I am friends with people who partake in it, and that is their business as far as I am concerned.
    Actually, research has show it to be highly effective in shrinking tumours, as well as a palliative. And, it may just be the next big life saver as an antibiotic.
    Cannabis plant extracts can effectively fight drug-resistant bacteria. - ABC News

SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Maybe I missed something, but is this just for the legalization for using mj for medical purposes? If so, I am still leery of this. Consider how this has gone for CA. If we are looking for a revenue stream, I do not agree in legalizing something simple because of a demand of something illegal.

There are no doubt countless articles both in favor and against the usage of mj.

In the end though, we each have our opinion and will have to live with the choices our law makers make.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This is Indiana where you cann't buy a 6 pack on Sunday

Yes, you can buy a six pack on Sunday. One at a time at the restaurant or across the bar at a microbrew.

At least one grown up in Indiana wants to have the conversation.

According to what I have heard at IPDC there are several influential members of the General Assembly ready to talk decriminalization if not legalization.

Problem is that law enforcement is making oodles of money off pot and IPAC has drawn a line in the sand. IPAC fears losing pot as it is the bridge to diversion money and fears a slippery slope argument for the other drugs.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I think the government will fight this to the end. The last thing they want is the public to have the ability to easily grow their own recreational substance. How would they tax it? Not only would it impact their bottom line by removing the profit in banning it, but they would also lose money as other drug use drops. I think if it were legal, there would be fewer people moving into the more harmful drugs for many reasons. Legalization of mj would undercut the entire drug war industry.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I think the government will fight this to the end. The last thing they want is the public to have the ability to easily grow their own recreational substance. How would they tax it? Not only would it impact their bottom line by removing the profit in banning it, but they would also lose money as other drug use drops. I think if it were legal, there would be fewer people moving into the more harmful drugs for many reasons. Legalization of mj would undercut the entire drug war industry.
    Yep. One other thing that will happen, too is that they will be shown up as liars and thieves. They've wasted millions on propaganda and indoctrination programs for kids (programs that have been shown to be abysmal failures on all fronts). They can't do without the power that gives them, even though they've already lost the battle for "hearts and minds". The people know better.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    There was a time when the know-all government banned alcohol and did it by constitutional decree! The result was beyond human comprehension, and finally an amendment was written repealing the original amendment.

It is about time our government did the same with marijuana and allow for it's legal sale. All that is needed is the same controls as alcohol. Just don't smoke and drive!

Problem is the so-called war on drugs is too profitable for the local, state and federal governments, allowing them to not only seize property, but justify expanding their numbers!

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Good for her! Kudos also to Rep Tom Knollman, who has MS and has been right out in front putting a familiar face on the issue.

Indiana considering legalizing marijuana

I've seen marijuana make a HUGE positive difference in the quality of life for some patients.

Whenever this topic comes up, I'm reminded of the 2002 political ad, "Why would you do that to me Bob?" which featured a woman with MS addressing Bob Barr. It was devastating to his campaign. In it, wait a sec.... lemme go see if I can find it. It can speak for itself. Bob Barr had a drastic change of heart some time after this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOuRsnVny7Y

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    If someone could just calm the fears of the folks at the DEA , they might quit worrying about job security, and do what's right. There's plenty of room on the borders for all those DEA agents. We just need to give them green hats that say BP. They might even get the chance to arrest some real narco terrorists.

Top Bottom