State Park cabins. What is the trick to getting one reserved?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I'd like to rent a cabin in one of the state parks for fall or maybe even summer. I've noticed that all are booked for this weekend all the way until July. It doesn't look like booking is open yet for Aug or Sept. When is the time to do this or do I have to somehow have my foot in the door first?

Thanks
    Jason

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Just don't expect to get one during the high season and you should be GTG! Their primitive campsites are tough to get also unless it's an off weekend or schools in session. I think they open booking at midnight on X day so be up at midnight that day and you may get lucky.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The wife and I used to love doing that but the problems we had were:

a) $100 per night
    b) not much room
    c) not pet friendly
    d) too many dang neighbors
    e) could not shoot guns
    f) could not hunt
    e) could not smoke in the room, could not drink bourbon and howl at the moon or (comfortably) urinate off the front porch...

We started looking in Southern Indiana for a small old farm house and found one for less than the cost of a used vehicle...Our daughter is on the Autism spectrum and she has to play a part, (a very hard part) during the school week...(Those of you that know will know what that means) This place allows her to "be herself" on the weekend, with out folks giving her funny looks or wondering exactly what it is she is doing with one of her little routines she uses to help her get through the day......We figured out it cost us what about 120 nights at a State Park cabin would cost....We are 30 minutes from French lick, 20 minutes from Holiday World, and 5 miles from a public beach in Hoosier National Forest....

Smartest move we ever made......

I guess the point I am trying to make is that if one enjoys such things, and thinks they will enjoy such things the rest of their life, they can imagine it and make it happen....It was so cheap I am embarrassed to say...I know guys that have paid 4 times as much for a new truck as we paid for this little place...They are out there if one is willing to look...

Good luck....

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    We're trying to book for fall. Just wondered when they opened up to book for the fall as it seems they are booked as soon as they open..

inducky, that place looks great. I'd love to have a place to go to just to get away like that.

Jason

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    inducky, that place looks great. I'd love to have a place to go to just to get away like that.

Jason

Thank you Jason...It's very copperheady but we love it....We may have an INGO meet and greet out there...We have some friends that play music (acoustic covers of rock classics) and every now and again they come up and set up on the porch and we have a little hootenanny.....Mammynun and his wife came down for the last one of those we had....There is usually a gun theme and that day it was vintage leather and revolvers....

I may talk to the wife and see about it...We are pretty private people but INGO is about the only place we kind of open up to....So many of you come to the shop that have passed the line going from customers, to friends, to brothers that it seems appropriate that once a year we invite you all to our home for fellowship, music, and a bon fire....

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Most are 6 months in advance. Call and find out the first day you can make reservations. They go fast.

Most fun had camping is the Halloween celebrations. Parks and campers go all out, it's a great time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thank you Jason...It's very copperheady but we love it....We may have an INGO meet and greet out there...We have some friends that play music (acoustic covers of rock classics) and every now and again they come up and set up on the porch and we have a little hootenanny.....Mammynun and his wife came down for the last one of those we had....There is usually a gun theme and that day it was vintage leather and revolvers....

I may talk to the wife and see about it...We are pretty private people but INGO is about the only place we kind of open up to....So many of you come to the shop that have passed the line going from customers, to friends, to brothers that it seems appropriate that once a year we invite you all to our home for fellowship, music, and a bon fire....

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me! :)

Top Bottom