• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    also which is why guard can do some of the things they can do at a state level with out martial law they are a state's military under title 32.......armed weapons in etc .... federal troops can't do the same

Sure, the Indiana NG isn't technically federal, but who are we kidding? The NG is bosom buddies with the federal govt. If people honestly want a real militia, it should be devoid of federal involvement in any form.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    No, they are the federals. See the Perpich decision that I cited supra.

The Guard and the Reserves are certainly federal forces, but I think the Guard is also designated the (organized) Militia of the United States, i.e. a Federal militia. It's just not a "State" militia of Indiana that is the focus of this thread. The Gov only gets to use them when the Feds don't need them.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Sure, the Indiana NG isn't technically federal, but who are we kidding? The NG is bosom buddies with the federal govt. If people honestly want a real militia, it should be devoid of federal involvement in any form.

will never happen WE are a Republic which mean every state has its own military(militia) but can be put in federal army in time of war been that way since the Revolutionary war ended.

tlandon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    USA
    I am not an immigrant as the term applies today Grandmaster. You should work for CNN. Have you ever lived in South Florida? Didn't think so. Until you have personally experienced it your views mean absolutely nothing to me.
    I have lots of issues. As of this evening I have a new one, You.
    My post has gone completely south(pun intended). Par for the course on INGO. I am done with it. Have a nice life.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am not an immigrant as the term applies today Grandmaster. You should work for CNN. Have you ever lived in South Florida? Didn't think so. Until you have personally experienced it your views mean absolutely nothing to me.
    I have lots of issues. As of this evening I have a new one, You.
    My post has gone completely south(pun intended). Par for the course on INGO. I am done with it. Have a nice life.

Have I ever lived in south Florida? Well actually, I have. Boca Roton. Right after I graduated from college. UF.... that would be University of Florida '98. Heck, I actually learned to speak Spanish from my then girlfriend from Miramar. In the future, assume less.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    sorry you are wrong Indiana Army National Guard are not considered federal unless they are under title 10 orders

Nope. The present iteration of the National Guard was created by the Congress and the federal government. When you enlist or are commissioned in the Army or Air National Guard, your enlistment or commission is both for the state AND federal Guard. A guard unit's type of organizaton (infantry, civil affairs, fighter jets, whatever), training requirements, most of the funding, and pretty much all the "big" decisions are made by the feds through the National Guard Bureau (a part of the DoD). IIRC Army and Air reserve technicians (full time guardsmen who wear uniforms on weekends/training and wear civvies during the week) are funded by the feds.

They are only considered "state" forces when the feds don't need them on federal orders. And the state has no say in that, that's what Perpich was about. National Guard is a federal reserve force that the state governor gets to use when they're not on federal duty.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    How many divisions? A navy--a LCS or two? We get an air force, or just a couple of wings? How much will this cost? Out of the 14.4B what will you eliminate to pay for your state militia?

Show your work.

How will bankrupting the State of Indiana with a gun metal rich diet help anything?

Indiana buys a platoon or two of M1A2s . . . and . . . profit???

I've seen this idea of funding come up a couple times... IIRC the militia is a group of civilians waiting and ready to be called up... with their own gear and weapons. Funding it should be a non-issue until such time as it is called to active duty.

tlandon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    USA
    Have I ever lived in south Florida? Well actually, I have. Boca Roton. Right after I graduated from college. UF.... that would be University of Florida '98. Heck, I actually learned to speak Spanish from my then girlfriend from Miramar. In the future, assume less.

Boca Raton, not Roton(guess college wasn't worth much) is not Miami/Dade county. Like two different countries. Actually in Broward County Caucasians are now an official minority. I spent lots of time in Boca. It's not 1998 in South Florida anymore. So I assumed correctly.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Just as a happenstance from last session...maybe a place to work from?

[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]
    HOUSE BILL No. 1401

_____

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][/FONT][/FONT]DIGEST OF INTRODUCED BILL

[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Citations Affected:
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][/FONT][/FONT]IC 10-16.

[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Synopsis:
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][/FONT][/FONT]Indiana volunteers program. Establishes the Indiana
    volunteers program administered by the adjutant general. Specifies that the program consists of Indiana residents who have demonstrated a proficiency in the use of weapons to assist the adjutant general in the protection of Indiana during emergencies. Establishes the citizen marksmanship and firearms proficiency program to: (1) foster citizen involvement in shooting sports; (2) recommend training courses for citizens to be involved in shooting sports; and (3) foster defense training exercises. Requires the governor annually to proclaim a "Citizens Range and Firearms Safety Day" for the promotion of the proficiency program.

[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Effective:
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][/FONT][/FONT]July 1, 2014.
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Harman
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    January 16, 2014, read first time and referred to Committee on Veterans Affairs and Public

Safety.

2014 IN 1401—LS 6933/DI 75
    Introduced

[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]HOUSE BILL No. 1401
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    A BILL FOR AN ACT to amend the Indiana Code concerning public safety.

[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Italic]Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Indiana:
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

SECTION 1. IC 10-16-20 IS ADDED TO THE INDIANA CODE
    AS A [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]NEW [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][/FONT][/FONT]CHAPTER TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE
    JULY 1, 2014]:

[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Chapter 20. Indiana Volunteers Program[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Sec. 1. This chapter shall be implemented and construed[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]consistently with the following:[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](1) The Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]States, which states: "A well regulated Militia, being[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.".[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](2) Article 12, Section 1 of the Constitution of the State of[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Indiana, which states: "A militia shall be provided and shall[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]consist of all persons over the age of seventeen (17) years,[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]except those persons who may be exempted by the laws of the[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]United States or of this state. The militia may be divided into[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]active and inactive classes and consist of such military[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]organizations as may be provided by law.".[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Sec. 2. As used in this chapter, "Indiana volunteer" refers to an[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]individual who is registered as an Indiana volunteer under the[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]program.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Sec. 3. As used in this chapter, "program" refers to the Indiana[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]volunteers program established by section 4 of this chapter.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Sec. 4. The Indiana volunteers program is established.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Sec. 5. The adjutant general shall administer the program.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Sec. 6. (a) A resident of Indiana may apply to the adjutant[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]general to become an Indiana volunteer as provided in this[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]chapter.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](b) For purposes of this article and federal law, an Indiana[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]volunteer is not:[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](1) part of the National Guard; or[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](2) subject to federal control.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Sec. 7. (a) The adjutant general shall establish standards for an[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]individual to become an Indiana volunteer, including necessary[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]initial and continuing training requirements.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](b) The standards may provide that an individual's military or[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]law enforcement experience is sufficient to satisfy particular[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]requirements of the standards.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Sec. 8. (a) An individual who applies and meets the standards[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]established under section 7 of this chapter shall be enrolled as an[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Indiana volunteer.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](b) Before being enrolled as an Indiana volunteer, an individual[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]must take an oath or make an affirmation:[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](1) as provided in Article 15, Section 4 of the Constitution of[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]the State of Indiana; and[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](2) to be prepared to defend the people of Indiana.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Sec. 9. (a) The adjutant general is the commander of the Indiana[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]volunteers and may designate subordinate officers, with the[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]approval of the governor.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](b) The adjutant general, with the approval of the governor,[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]may:[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](1) establish ranks and officers to establish the structure of[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]the Indiana volunteers; and[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](2) provide for the organization, promotion, and discipline[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]within that structure.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Sec. 10. An Indiana volunteer shall procure a support weapon[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](of any class), which must be chambered for a standard issue[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]cartridge and otherwise meet the standards set by the adjutant[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]general.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Sec. 11. (a) An Indiana volunteer must attend at least one (1)[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]range training session each year to maintain proficiency.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](b) An Indiana volunteer may demonstrate satisfaction of[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]subsection (a) by documentation submitted to the adjutant general[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]that is acceptable to the adjutant general. The documentation must[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]include the following information:[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](1) Range time.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](2) A description of the weapons used in the training of the[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Indiana volunteer.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](3) Proficiency registered.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](4) Any other information required by the adjutant general.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Sec. 12. (a) Upon the recommendation of the adjutant general,[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]the governor may call the Indiana volunteers to assist in[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]emergencies.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](b) An Indiana volunteer is not required to provide assistance[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]called under subsection (a), at the discretion of the Indiana[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]volunteer.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Sec. 13. An Indiana volunteer may assist any of the following:[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](1) A political subdivision at the request of the executive of the[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]political subdivision.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](2) A state or local police or fire authority.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](3) A school or higher education authority.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](4) Any other public or private institution.[/FONT][/FONT]

SECTION 2. IC 10-16-21 IS ADDED TO THE INDIANA CODE

AS A [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]NEW [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][/FONT][/FONT]CHAPTER TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE

JULY 1, 2014]:

[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Chapter 21. Citizen Marksmanship and Firearms Proficiency[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Program[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Sec. 1. This chapter shall be implemented and construed[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]consistently with the following:[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](1) The Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]States, which states: "A well regulated Militia, being[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.".[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](2) Article 12, Section 1 of the Constitution of the State of[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Indiana, which states: "A militia shall be provided and shall[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]consist of all persons over the age of seventeen (17) years[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]except those persons who may be exempted by the laws of the[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]United States or of this state. The militia may be divided into[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]active and inactive classes and consist of such military[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]organizations as may be provided by law.".[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Sec. 2. As used in this chapter, "program" refers to the citizen[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Sec. 3. The citizen marksmanship and firearms proficiency[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]program is established.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Sec. 4. The adjutant general shall administer the program.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Sec. 5. (a) The program shall do the following:[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](1) Foster citizen involvement in shooting sports.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](2) Recommend training courses for citizens to be involved in[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]shooting sports.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](3) Foster defense training exercises.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold](b) Training promoted by the program may use law[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]enforcement and military expertise and facilities where[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]appropriate as determined by the adjutant general and relevant[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]law enforcement authorities.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]Sec. 6. The governor annually shall proclaim a "Citizens Range[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT,Bold]and Firearms Safety Day" for the promotion of the program.[/FONT][/FONT]

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    OMG you are so wrong ...... which is way the president can not send in armed federal troops in to a state with out some kind of martial law being declared or request by state ... I have been there and did ...I have read and understand what a tiltle 10 and tile 32 order is and what there intent is

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    OMG you are so wrong ...... which is way the president can not send in armed federal troops in to a state with out some kind of martial law being declared or request by state ... I have been there and did ...I have read and understand what a tiltle 10 and tile 32 order is and what there intent is

Didn't Kennedy do exactly that to George C. Wallace?

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Hell I remember back in 92 after Hurricane Andrew I was in the guard then doing armed patrols with the police ,check points etc, the president sent down federal troops but there weapons had no ammo for martial law was not issued so .. only troops who could have armed military grade weapons in the street was the guard and there a hugh reason for this btw

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    I was there for Andrew too, had us usin the college classrooms for barracks. Didn't take people long to figure out that the "red hats" didn't have ammo, I remember a few instances where they had to call us because armed folks walked right up to them and demanded their weapons.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    sorry you are wrong Indiana Army National Guard are not considered federal unless they are under title 10 orders

Perpich--the NG was under Title 10 orders. The United States Supreme Court holds, 9-0, that the National Guard is part of the federal army, not a state army.

IRC the militia is a group of civilians waiting and ready to be called up... with their own gear and weapons. Funding it should be a non-issue until such time as it is called to active duty.

Yes, but the OP wanted to create a state militia, with tanks and frigates and what not.

I asked him to show his math for this massive outlay of other people's money.

There is MUCH a state can do to create the "seed bed" of the right to keep and bear arms without courting bankruptcy: tax incentives for training, tax deductions for ammo, construction of public ranges, mandating gun classes in schools, inter alia.

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Just like guard duty at chemical weapons storage sites.

Another reason a State based organization could be of use. Often the feds have no idea what's going on until the local populace is at danger close status.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Perprich--the NG was under Title 10 orders. The United States Supreme Court holds that the National Guard is part of the federal army, not a state army.

This is one of the reasons the Soviets took our 'reserve' so seriously. Thiers was a numbers only reserve (sort of like the current state of the IN militia) that had no military presence. We proved ours and they had to re-wicker their estimates...it didn't look good for them.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    I was there for Andrew too, had us usin the college classrooms for barracks. Didn't take people long to figure out that the "red hats" didn't have ammo, I remember a few instances where they had to call us because armed folks walked right up to them and demanded their weapons.

lmao.......... I remember that I was QRF on that one he pulled up with a white van pulled a 357 on them if I remember right took 3 of there M-16

Top Bottom