St. Joe County Poll Carry - WSBT weighs in.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Gray area? Between the government's ears?

What gray area? Why is it only a gray area when a citizen wants to exercise a right?

I saw that as well. The law is pretty cut and dry on this one. Some folks may not understand the law, but that only makes it "gray" for them. Or in this case, it may make it "jumpsuit orange".

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I saw that as well. The law is pretty cut and dry on this one. Some folks may not understand the law, but that only makes it "gray" for them. Or in this case, it may make it "jumpsuit orange".
    I agree. Just think if a person that thought they were legally carrying a firearm but they did'nt understand the law then tried to make the "grey area" claim.

Don't think that would work and keep the hammer from falling.

We as legally carrying firearm owners are not afforded the luxury of a "grey area". We either have to know for sure and if there is any doubt then it should be a no-go.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    As the old saying goes, ignorance of the law is no excuse, except for that gray area. I know I've told people that before and it should go both ways. If the poll officials, the LEO, even the fire personal wasn't 100% sure of what they were talking about then they should have allowed Clay to vote.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    In reading the story, I got the impression that the "grey area" had something to do with the fact that all those that prevented Clay from voting could be charged with felonies.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    That whole mess could have been handled better and in a way that would make everyone happy. The officer should have simply said, something to the effect that people would feel better if he stood back and watched clay cast his vote and then everyone parts ways in peace. If I were Clay, I would not object to that and the whole thing could have turned out positive for the 2A, public, and LEO who kept the peace. This was a missed opportunity to show that OC and LEO can get along.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    If you live in the area...

Come out Sunday and show your support.

The following item was sent to me concerning a US Marine who was denied the privledge of voting in the recent election primary. You are invited to attend a Pancake Breakfast on Sunday May 20th to show the Warren Township Fire Department that you support the Second Amendment and Indiana's Access Law.

Please get this out. We are attending the Pancake Breakfast on May 20th to pass out free breakfast tickets, legally armed. We will be there at 8 A.M. Warren Township Fire Department 54837 Quince Road, South Bend, IN. We will peacefully support the very Fire Department that did not support the Second Amendment and provide free tickets for the pancake breakfast for the community. We have already received a commitment for $200.00 for ticket purchases. Please pass the word.

Last edited:

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian

The following item was sent to me concerning a US Marine who was denied the privledge of voting in the recent election primary. You are invited to attend a Pancake Breakfast on Sunday May 20th to show the Warren Township Fire Department that you support the Second Amendment and Indiana's Access Law.

Please get this out. We are attending the Pancake Breakfast on May 20th to pass out free breakfast tickets, legally armed. We will be there at 8 A.M. Warren Township Fire Department 54837 Quince Road. We will peacefully support the very Fire Department that did not support the Second Amendment and provide free tickets for the pancake breakfast for the community. We have already received a commitment for $200.00 for ticket purchases. Please pass the word.

Couldnt rep you, i read this in the other thread and want to thank you for taking this up. I am not going to be able to make it to this but am there in spirit.

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    As a Precint Chairman, by law they should have allowed to vote provisionally. What they did was violate his Constitutional right to vote. I would the Attorney Generals Offie and if that does not work, contact the US Attorneys Office.

I presume come armed on Sunday...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo

The following item was sent to me concerning a US Marine who was denied the [STRIKE]privledge[/STRIKE] right of voting in the recent election primary. You are invited to attend a Pancake Breakfast on Sunday May 20th to show the Warren Township Fire Department that you support the Second Amendment and Indiana's Access Law.

Please get this out. We are attending the Pancake Breakfast on May 20th to pass out free breakfast tickets, legally armed. We will be there at 8 A.M. Warren Township Fire Department 54837 Quince Road, South Bend, IN. We will peacefully support the very Fire Department that did not support the Second Amendment and provide free tickets for the pancake breakfast for the community. We have already received a commitment for $200.00 for ticket purchases. Please pass the word.

FTFY...

As others have said, I am there in spirit ... :ingo:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Top Bottom